5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings!

Just picked up a 2020 sport 5 door (STICK SHIFT) a couple weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it. I had to special order it because it’s hard to find a stick shift these days with some cool OEM add-ons. I got the sport grill, cross bars, all weather mats, and the Rockford Fosgate sound system (sounds amazing).

Wanted to join some forums to see what people out there were doing with these things, and I think I found the right place.

I look forward to browsing the various topics on this site and seeking guidance as to what I should and shouldn’t mod on my scoob. Any ideas for first mods? I’m thinking the nameless axle back exhaust (not the muffler delete) and some new wheels. Possibly some smaller size like 17” and some meatier tires (more sidewall)? Any recommendations?

P.S. Check that new sport interior!!

Thanks!!
5F980EAE-0A23-4E33-BF30-82004167DCE5.jpeg
EF3E7983-85F0-4795-806A-C4A297FEA668.jpeg
D1BBBADE-F09D-47C0-8250-05283266039F.jpeg

·
Registered
652 Posts
The sport trim has bigger front discs, otherwise they are all the same brakes.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings!

Just picked up a 2020 sport 5 door (STICK SHIFT) a couple weeks ago and I am absolutely loving it. I had to special order it because it’s hard to find a stick shift these days with some cool OEM add-ons. I got the sport grill, cross bars, all weather mats, and the Rockford Fosgate sound system (sounds amazing).

Wanted to join some forums to see what people out there were doing with these things, and I think I found the right place.

I look forward to browsing the various topics on this site and seeking guidance as to what I should and shouldn’t mod on my scoob. Any ideas for first mods? I’m thinking the nameless axle back exhaust (not the muffler delete) and some new wheels. Possibly some smaller size like 17” and some meatier tires (more sidewall)? Any recommendations?

P.S. Check that new sport interior!!

Thanks!! View attachment 22514 View attachment 22516 View attachment 22517
Looks great. Is this the magnetite grey exterior color? Also curious about your roof rails. I’m actually looking at a limited 5 door but like a clean roof line. All 2020 limiteds come with a standard roof rail, trying to do research on how I would get them off/remove. Any hints?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. Is this the magnetite grey exterior color? Also curious about your roof rails. I’m actually looking at a limited 5 door but like a clean roof line. All 2020 limiteds come with a standard roof rail, trying to do research on how I would get them off/remove. Any hints?
Thanks!

I was in the same boat as you. I’m sure there is a way to take the limited rails off. The only thing I’d be worried about is no built in cover for the holes where the rack mounts because I don’t think this type of roof rack was made to be taken on and off.

The roof rack option that I got is 4 simple bolts that hold on to each corner. Once off, a flap flaps over the threads and it looks sleek.

They work for me cause I can carry a snowboard or kayak but also sport that sleek look that you are looking for once you take the rails off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, sorry, yes this is the magnetite grey. Looking back I would get the navy blue. I never see the navy blue around where I live but I always see this gray in Imprezas as well as outback’s and crosstreks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Very nice in all respects. I am interested that you did the work necessary to install the steering wheel cover. The same cover was a birthday gift to me last year, and with it came the 1-2 hours of labor needed to install the cover correctly. Hope you are enjoying your Imp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice in all respects. I am interested that you did the work necessary to install the steering wheel cover. The same cover was a birthday gift to me last year, and with it came the 1-2 hours of labor needed to install the cover correctly. Hope you are enjoying your Imp.
Thanks! Appreciate the kind words but I did not install this cover. The cover came from the factory. Possibly an option that comes with the sport model?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Unless they have some machine to do that intricate stitching, I am impressed they would put that cover on the wheel as OEM.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Unless they have some machine to do that intricate stitching, I am impressed they would put that cover on the wheel as OEM.
I have a 2017 Sport and it has the same wheel cover with red stitching. It's standard on the Sport. There's also red stitching on the seats though it looks like the 2020 has some lighter colored seat fabric to go with the dark. My seats are all dark color fabric.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,905 Posts
That color looks great! And, it looks like Subaru is putting the Crosstrek seats in the Impreza now? They look awesome as well.

What year did Subaru start offering the Sport model in the US as a manual shift?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts