5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I just swapped out my high beams and low beams for led lights but my drl lights flicker when the car is on. I know it is due to a voltage drop, so I wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to disable the drl's and still keep the highbeams? Thank you for all the help.

·
Registered
2020 Base Hatchback
4 Posts
All you need is a decoder/resistor. You simply install the decoder in between the bulb and the connector to the car. You can find them all over Amazon/eBay just make sure you get the right one. I swapped out all my bulbs for Beamtech LEDs and emailed Beamtech for the 9005 decoder which they sent for free.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey guys, I just swapped out my high beams and low beams for led lights but my drl lights flicker when the car is on. I know it is due to a voltage drop, so I wanted to know if anyone knew of a way to disable the drl's and still keep the highbeams? Thank you for all the help.
An anti-flicker harness/decoder will get rid of the flicker, but you would then have the full-power high beam as the DRL. Depending upon where you drive, a lot of other drivers would hate you for that.

Our Impreza had to go back to the halogen for the DRL/high beam bulbs because it was very clear that most drivers did not appreciate our car driving with the high-beam full-power DRL, even on the sunniest day.

We have looked hard and wide for the way to kill the DRL altogether, but it is very tough if not outright impossible for this gen Impreza. In the past all that was required was to remove the DRL resistance, but it is apparently not that way for this gen.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe I'm in the very minority but I drive with my lights on day and night. I don't use the DRL at all. That might be a simple solution.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
163 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts