5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

2020 Subaru Impreza Sedan Windshield Wipers

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  wriggly 
#1 ·
Hello.... I'm new to these forums, so please bear with me. LOL.

I need to replace the windshield wipers on my 2020 Subaru Impreza sedan, and I'm having a tough time finding them online or at any auto parts store. (I would prefer to buy and install them myself to save some money, instead of going to my dealer.) Any help/advice would be appreciated!!!

#8 ·
Here's my experience with buying wiper blades online:
I bought a pair of PIAA wipers online, one 26", 1 16". The 26" wiper had the correct adapter for my Subaru, but the 16" did not. The problem is that the 'type M' adapter has only been available for a couple of years, so older stock does not have it. You really need to look at each box to see if it contains the 'type M' adapter, and this is just for PIAA. Probably is the same for every other manufacturer as well. You probably are safe only on wiper models which are new enough to ONLY come with the correct adapter, or with the wipers from the Subaru dealer.

FWIW, the Subaru dealer blades are.....OK. The PIAA blades (or at least the one I had...) were initially good, but after a few months developed a lot of little streaks. They certainly did NOT live up to the hype. I'm going to try the top-line BOSCH blades next, but will put on Trico winter blades for winter first.

#4 · (Edited)
To cbidwell's point. The OEMs aren't much more expensive than the aftermarket ones. Spent way too much time looking into other wipers and ended up buying it from the dealer. Also, not sure if this applies to your dealer, but if I buy it off of parts.subaru.com and pick it up at my local dealer it's 10% off.

Reactions: cbidwell91
#7 ·
I'm out of warranty so completely forgot about that

#10 ·
Well, if you want to 'dress up' your car, and your paint doesn't clash horribly with those colored rubber inserts, I guess.....

All I know is what I found out back when I used to be a bike mechanic; colored tires have lousy grip. I can't imagine that colored wiper inserts work any better....

#17 ·
Wow! That's impressive. Where do you live? The KS sun does mine in after about a year or so.

One thing that extends the life is giving the blades a good clean. All sorts of munge collects on them. Using some Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on a cotton rag and wiping the blades down until there is no more black crap coming off really does bring them back to life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.