5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not hooked on the new sport interior. I need to see it in person. Not bumping the HP,TQ up a little is a mistake especially for Crosstrek which I assume will stay the same

·
Registered
490 Posts
When I go to the dealership, my service ticket always says "6 spd" on it. I keep asking them if they upgraded my car yet.

It is strange that the Impreza is the only Subaru getting the 5 speed, but after trying out a Crosstrek with a 6 speed I found that I liked my 5 better. But my comparison wasn't 100% fair because of the short shift lever and linkage work I've done to my car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I agree that the 6pd on the Crosstrek is slush on the shifts compared to the sport 5 speed. It would be nice to have a 6spd sport as it realls needs that coasting gear. When I trade in my car I will probably go for the CVT if they haven't come out with a good 6pd.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The chrome trim has been moved from above the fog lights (2017 Impreza Limited) to below the fog lights. I remember even the 2020 CRV hybrid has a large chrome bar running at the bottom of the front bumper. Looks like chrome at the bottom is the 2020 design trend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I would have waited another 5 months for could have had the sport with eyesight for $100 more? Always pays to wait.......damn.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I’m so glad I didn’t wait since a Premium CVT is no longer available without Eyesight. I understand it’s cheaper to build fewer versions so I don’t blame them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m so glad I didn’t wait since a Premium CVT is no longer available without Eyesight. I understand it’s cheaper to build fewer versions so I don’t blame them.
I found the 2020 news release to be a bit confusing, in places. I remember reading what PDawg wrote above. I get that part. But, could it actually be, that on the 2020 Premium model, the $1970 option package which seems to include some Eyesight capabilities(?), also includes the powered moon roof? It was like that for the Sport model in 2019 - the Eyesight option had to include the moon roof - but does one really have to take the moonroof with Eyesight in 2020, on the Premium model, also? Help me to understand, please... What am I reading, incorrectly? (Yeah... I am not a fan of a hole in the roof. )

·
Registered
231 Posts
I found the 2020 news release to be a bit confusing, in places. I remember reading what PDawg wrote above. I get that part. But, could it actually be, that on the 2020 Premium model, the $1970 option package which seems to include some Eyesight capabilities(?), also includes the powered moon roof? It was like that for the Sport model in 2019 - the Eyesight option had to include the moon roof - but does one really have to take the moonroof with Eyesight in 2020, on the Premium model, also? Help me to understand, please... What am I reading, incorrectly? (Yeah... I am not a fan of a hole in the roof. )
That "hole in the roof" has been an ongoing conversation of my own... I prefer no hole, but when it's there (as it so often has been lately for the reasons mentioned, "part of"), I find the value in it. For that car I like it. In others I tolerated it but seldom opened the shade or it. On the cars without them, however, there was no couched ambivilance... I was always happy with the solid roof.

One of my Subys spent a lot of time at the dealership having the leaks fixed, though most didn't... still. The moon/sun roof raises the center of gravity... a no-no to me. They are no benefit to the driver, just a distraction. They're noisey when open. The increase heat loads in the interior. They suffer the same failures of all mechanisms. Add your own...

On my Impreza I've found the roof tilted with the shade only open 3" provides the quietest at-speed vent for a hot day/interior... (I don't like to use A/C except in extenuating circumstances like wife, rain, excessive heat/humidity). It's the quietest sky roof I've had in menory... maybe it's the different design of the front diffuser, maybe overall sleekness. Point is, I "like" it because it's another venting option, not because, wow, I can see the sky... while abandoning driving.

Yea, too bad it's not an option. I'd never have one if I had a choice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To my knowledge, the most infamous example of sun/moon roof leakage issues belongs to the generation 7 (current) VW Golf, Golf Sportwagen, and AllTrack. I do not think anyone really knows what is wrong... Some say it is the roof design, others the welding job, and still others blame the drain design. The horror stories on their board are many and varied. Biggest buy back for them is obviously Dieselgate. I would think that the second would be their sun/moon roof debacle. My buy back was not related to those issues, as I drove the S model - base - which had no sunroof.

We have a sun roof in our '97 Legacy GT Wagon. The 24 year old car is very much still on the road as a daily driver for our younger son. He loves it. I drove that beloved beast for a lot of years - purchased used. Really fine overall vehicle, even though it sported the dreaded twin overhead cam engine. Never missed a beat.

I digress and I apologize. Still looking to know if it is really the truth that one must - in the 2020 Imp Premium - purchase a moon roof, if one goes with Eyesight... I thought Eyesight was standard in the Premium, for 2020. Again, I find that news release confusing. Tell me what I am misreading, please.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I stand corrected, although that didn’t change until 2019. That’s a good change.

Unfortunately, until Subaru puts the 2020 Impreza up on their website Byll’s question can’t be answered definitely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts