5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I been looking to replace my OEM front grill with a Mesh grill from Customcargrills.com but it seems like the 2020 and 2021 models don't have the same components as the the 2017-2019 models. The earlier models seem to have trim around the grill that needs to be preserved while the later models don't have that same piece. If anyone has modified their grill on a 2020 or newer let me know if it works.

Other than that, I was also looking at modifying my lower grill between the two fog lights. It seems that my 2021 5-door Premium has a different trim then others as the bottom grill is continuous between the fog lights. I drop pictures later tonight of what I mean.

Let me know what you got and if you ended up moding it with mesh grills or others.

Thanks!
Ibraheem

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello, Ibraheem: I am not aware of the 2017 - 2019 upper grill having any trim that has to be preserved, when changing grills.

When I changed my 2019 'winged' Premium grille to a 2019 mesh Sport grill, I learned that the part numbers of the 2019 and 2020 Sport grilles are different. Yes, the mesh pattern is different, for sure. However, the parts guy thought there was another difference between the winged 2019 and mesh 2020 versions. His guess was a small change in size, as the 2020 grille would not fit the 2019 Impreza.

Your challenge would be solved if Custom Car Grills would sell a mesh grill for the 2020 and 2021 Impreza... Or, you could always use the 2020/2021 mesh Sport grill, but is costs more than the one you have chosen... Plus, the front Subaru emblem is part of the package.

Good luck with your project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts