5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all been searching but haven't seen this directly addressed

Looking to add Fog lights to my 2021 base. I like the all black covers and hate the chrome trim one currently available through Subaru. Current "place holder" covers are all black.

How/where do I get all black fog light covers like most 2020 models have with no chrome trim? Do I just cut out the shape (seen this asked and not answered) and install the lights behind the current covers or can I still get the all black ones through Subaru/Somewhere online?

·
Registered
915 Posts
On the 2019 and earlier, just cutting out the hole was fine. No reason to think this wouldn't work with 2020 and later. That panel is just a cover.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine is a 2020 Premium hatchback and has the exact fog light covers pictured above. When you do your search be sure to filter it for a Premium Trim, 2020. As said above, you could just cut the hole out yourself if you're comfortable doing that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is a 2020 Premium hatchback and has the exact fog light covers pictured above. When you do your search be sure to filter it for a Premium Trim, 2020. As said above, you could just cut the hole out yourself if you're comfortable doing that.
That’s a good suggestion. Since yours is a base, don’t search for base fog bezels. You have to search for 2021 premium Impreza fog bezels. They’ll fit just fine, and all the wiring is already there (not 100% sure for 2021 models) for you to install aftermarket or OEM fog lights.
I had to do this same thing with my 2017 Impreza because the premium trim level didn’t come with fog lights that year....crazy. I bought aftermarket fog lights, an OEM fog switch, and an OEM relay and couldn’t wait, So I cut a whole in the bezels. It came out a little messy since I didn’t have a dremel at the time, but no one has ever asked if the fog lights weren’t from the factory. You can’t tell unless you get up close.
Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup. kept searching across all trims for 2020 and kept getting the chrome options for sale. I'm probably just gonna cut unless the local dealer happens to have the black in stock. thanks for your help though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s a good suggestion. Since yours is a base, don’t search for base fog bezels. You have to search for 2021 premium Impreza fog bezels. They’ll fit just fine, and all the wiring is already there (not 100% sure for 2021 models) for you to install aftermarket or OEM fog lights.
I had to do this same thing with my 2017 Impreza because the premium trim level didn’t come with fog lights that year....crazy. I bought aftermarket fog lights, an OEM fog switch, and an OEM relay and couldn’t wait, So I cut a whole in the bezels. It came out a little messy since I didn’t have a dremel at the time, but no one has ever asked if the fog lights weren’t from the factory. You can’t tell unless you get up close. View attachment 25240 View attachment 25241
Right on and thank you. I guess i didn't state in my OP that I've been searching and the only bezel options for 2020 and 2021 I could find currently online have that newer chrome trim which is what led to my creating this post. Great job on the cut btw. Most likely will be doing the same unless the dealer has the black ones that came with the 2020 premiums. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts