5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

2022 Impreza Im very disappointed

17K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  Octal450 
Weird, my 2019's heated seats cook my ass. Turning radius passed my test as well. (Managing a U-turn from inside lane to outside lane of a 2 way 4 lane road without having to reverse)

As far as the radio goes. Yeah its buggy. Carplay works 80% of the time and when it doesn't I have to restart the car to get it to work as the soft reset doesn't work.
As far as fuel economy goes. Not great, but at least they were up front about it. I owe it to only having 5 gears. Crosstreks do better and have a bigger tank.
Ride height vs snow/dirt. Crosstrek is way better
Headlights. agreed and ended up swapping them out with LEDs as well.
Stuck digital gauge. go take it to the dealer.

OR you can trade it in. If you got this car because it had AWD, a manual tranny, at this price point, then I think there's hardly anything else comparable.
Good luck!

Reactions: longboy
Look, this is my last posting. The car is a piece of shit at $27K definitely not worth it. Worse car Ive had, miserably built in every aspect. A severely underpowered engine that only gets you 28mpg is considered a gas guzzler. My $16k cheap Dodge Caliber was much better buiilt and yes it had a chime for low fuel and so does my Rav4, not only it chimes but automatically opens a screen on the infotainment with a list of nearest gas stations, click "go there" on Toyota all oil changes and tire rotations are free for 36 mnths or 36k miles (not subaru) cost of Rav4? $33k because its a hybrid or else $29k (regular ) for a $2k difference its a much better car that has every gizmo, real heated seats, lane departure, auto braking, pedestrian detect, speed range cruise control, side blind spot monitor, auto hi beams, auto liftgate, 8 way power seat. it even came with a power sunroof and pearl finish.....so many more things I dont even remember. The hybrid averages 41mpg and its much larger and heavier than impreza. I said I wasnt going to advertise other brands but everybody else is listing brands as comparisons so here is mine.
If you own the impreza and you re happy, more power to you, if you re thinking of buying it and you re looking for recomendations DONT BUYIT!
I appreciate your honest take on this car. While I may not agree that all that of those are dealbreakers, I do agree that this car isn't the most feature rich or best assembled at this price point bar the AWD. Hope you find a better suited car for your purposes!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.