5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm Cole. I just purchased my second 5th gen. My first was a 2017 with a CVT. I had a lot of problems with my tranny. It would jerk and stutter. The dealer said it was learning my driving style but 30k miles later and the problems persisted. I traded out for another car and now I'm back to my Impreza but in a manual! I'm in love with this car. I think it's great. I can't wait to read the forums and ask the same question everyone else has! Weeeeeee!
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
191 Posts
Welcome! I agree that journalists beat up on the 5MT, but you can't beat a manual for overall driver feel and input. I also don't want Eyesight in my car, which isn't equipped on the manuals, so that is a plus! The engine makes peak power right at redline, so rev it out to 4-5k if you need to pick up some speed. The engine is very happy in this range.

#SAVETHEMANUALS

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
25 Posts
I also did not want Eyesight, but needed the automatic. They DO offer it that way. Also, my CVT has been trouble-free through 15k, and I like the shorter 'steps' offered with the paddle shifters.
As far as I know for the 2022 model year, any CVT equipped Impreza will have Eyesight installed standard. Only method of buying a new Impreza without Eyesight is currently a 5MT equipped model.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
191 Posts
I also did not want Eyesight, but needed the automatic. They DO offer it that way. Also, my CVT has been trouble-free through 15k, and I like the shorter 'steps' offered with the paddle shifters.
Yeah, the did offer it. Not anymore.

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
25 Posts
Thanks for that. Unfortunately my Impreza was involved in a collision this weekend and I'm not sure its fixable. I was debating on finding one with a manual trans but I love Eyesite and my big radio headunit.
I will say, if you would prefer the manual with the larger head unit, the 5 door sport trim offers it. No eyesight tho, and for me I never viewed it as a necessity.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,340 Posts
You couldn't get blind spot detection either with the Manual, is that still the case? Or auto rear breaking. Even though the Sport comes with the OEM short shifter standard, I installed a Kartboy SS. It sits lower. Heck, just installing the KB shift knob lowers it quite a bit.

Kartboy Short Shifter and Knob on 2019 Impreza Sport

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
25 Posts
You couldn't get blind spot detection either with the Manual, is that still the case? Or auto rear breaking. Even though the Sport comes with the OEM short shifter standard, I installed a Kartboy SS. It sits lower. Heck, just installing the KB shift knob lowers it quite a bit.

Kartboy Short Shifter and Knob on 2019 Impreza Sport
Still is the case, essentially a base trim with the better stereo, interior leather/plastics, bumper DRL.
I do wish I had the blind spot monitor, but this car has smaller blind spots and just as good visibility as my Isuzu does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also own an Impreza. I have gone about 900km but have not changed the oil yet, but I will change it soon to keep the quality of the car. What I like is that this car seems to be quite fuel-efficient, while the performance is good. With it added blind spot monitoring and collision warning as well, safety comes first though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts