5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I used to have an 09' impreza 4dr and now am coming into possession of a '17 ISLAND blue Impreza 5dr base. Now, I REALLY like the sport headlights, cos the base ones just look like old tech. I mean it is classy in a kinda modest way, but I am thinking of putting some aftermarket lights. Other than that I only test-drove it and can't say much else... How are you guys liking your '17s?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey argofoto, I have that exact same model [in California], and love the car.
I agree with the headlights thing. But do you mean you like the headlights on the Limited model? That's the one with the LED Steering Responsive Headlights. Speaking of which, the wheels on the limited are the ones I want.
To you question, I'm really enjoying the car. The issues are well documented on the forum, and hopefully are more or less fixed now (after the flash). The CVT takes a bit getting used used, the steering response is awesome, and the Island Blue looks great when clean..ha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey argofoto, I have that exact same model [in California], and love the car.
I agree with the headlights thing. But do you mean you like the headlights on the Limited model? That's the one with the LED Steering Responsive Headlights. Speaking of which, the wheels on the limited are the ones I want.
To you question, I'm really enjoying the car. The issues are well documented on the forum, and hopefully are more or less fixed now (after the flash). The CVT takes a bit getting used used, the steering response is awesome, and the Island Blue looks great when clean..ha.
Whoa, I thought the Sport had those headlights, guess it is just the limited! Hoping there will be an aftermarket option down the line, or just change the bulbs.

I've never had CVT, seemed kinda odd when I test-drove it. How is your gas mileage? And are you doing the first oil change at 3,000m?

For wheels the Limited ones are nice, but I like the old school WRX gold wheels, hoping to find a set down the line!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Whoa, I thought the Sport had those headlights, guess it is just the limited! Hoping there will be an aftermarket option down the line, or just change the bulbs.

I've never had CVT, seemed kinda odd when I test-drove it. How is your gas mileage? And are you doing the first oil change at 3,000m?

For wheels the Limited ones are nice, but I like the old school WRX gold wheels, hoping to find a set down the line!
I'm actually hoping the Limited's headlights can be retrofitted to our base - that would be pretty cool. ["Why didn't you get a limited then?!" ...say the critics. Shut up -_- ..hah]

I know it sounds crazy/stupid/antichrist-ish , but lately I haven't been paying too much attention to my mileage. Thus, I don't think I can give you an honest review here.

As for the oil change. When I went in for the headunit flash, they changed out the oil also, ~1000 miles. So probably will Not go back in at 3k.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think they can be retrofitted in, the only thing I'm wondering about is how to wire up that steering response to it? That sounds like the real difficult task, but hopefully it's as simple as tapping into a few wires perhaps?

·
Registered
2 Posts
there was a post in the nasioc forum from someone who replaced some sport headlights with limited headlights. Each headlight assembly is $750, and there are additional sensors that you have to get in order to obtain the functionality of the adaptive headlights. Best to get the service manual to verify that before you plunk down $1500+ for the hardware... (When I asked about such a swap when looking at the 2017 impreza, the tech lead at my dealership said it couldn't be done.)

I sent some email to SOA saying that if Subaru really cared about the safety of its customers, they should make the LED headlights optional on the Sport because the Sport's halogen headlights are rated marginal by IIHS. (In contrast, the LED headlights with auto highbeam get a rare rating of 'Good'.) Perhaps if others clamored similarly ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts