5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, 2am, on my street there was a 3 car collision: A Dodge Charger was speeding, the driver was under the influence. T-boned a Subaru Impreza WRX which hit a Ford Focus. The Focus crashed into a pole, the driver killed. The 3 passengers in the Dodge taken to the hospital in critical condition. The fire fighters had to use the "jaws of life" to cut the top of the car, it also started to burn. people rushed and turned the fire out.

The driver of the Subaru was relatively unharmed!

Boy i'm starting to look at my car in a totally different way !

·
Registered
778 Posts
Man, that is horrifying! Hopefully the survivors in the Dodge will be ok and can stand trial for their actions.

On another note, glad you are finally starting to come around and be glad you bought a Subaru. I know this is a tragic and freak thing but it says a lot when a car can get T-Boned and the driver be relatively unharmed. Hopefully we never need the safety aspect of our Subaru, but its a comforting thing to know we have it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That sucks.

I'm likewise starting to appreciate our Impreza.

Although our Volvo is more comfortable and will still handle long distance duty, the Subaru is just as safe with 90% of the technology at 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
307 Posts
No doubt, one of the reasons why I chose this car, it got great crash test results. Even watching the you tube videos gives good assurance. Even for it's tin can skin, the frame is solid.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
This morning, 2am, on my street there was a 3 car collision: A Dodge Charger was speeding, the driver was under the influence. T-boned a Subaru Impreza WRX which hit a Ford Focus. The Focus crashed into a pole, the driver killed. The 3 passengers in the Dodge taken to the hospital in critical condition. The fire fighters had to use the "jaws of life" to cut the top of the car, it also started to burn. people rushed and turned the fire out.

The driver of the Subaru was relatively unharmed!

Boy i'm starting to look at my car in a totally different way !
This must be it Motorist arrested after deadly Winnetka high-speed crash, police say - LA Times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts