5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been inactive for quite some time but wanted to hop on and share some details about my car. I've had my 2017 Subaru Impreza Sport for a little over 3 years now, since it was new in 2017. The car has been awesome to say the least, and being a younger male driver I don't exatly drive it like a grandma. Its been very reliable, nothing has broken or needed servicing these past 50,000 miles other than the brakes which I just had done. Here is some pictures of the car as I have changed a few things since last time.
Obviously there's the new brake pads and rotors, as well as stainless steel brake lines. This upgrade was very well worth the investment. The pedal is very firm and the brakes bite now with the slightest pressure on the pedal.
The car also is rocking 2011 STI 18x8.5 wheels and 15mm spacers/adapters. I had to get my rear fenders rolled in order for this setup to clear without issue.

I put in a JDM or 2020+ USDM Impreza Sport leather and red stitched gauge hood cluster
I swapped out the Starlink 3.0 head unit with a 3.1 out of a 2019 Sport. Both cars had the Harman Kardon Audio package. It was plug and play so im very happy with that.
Also I rewrapped the steering wheel after seeing another members success.
I also changed the exhaust setup again. It has titanium tips and a glass pack muffler. Its very raspy which I like but not obnoxious. Next up on the list is either an UEL header or 2015+ wrx header since that will bolt onto the car as far as I am aware and a turbo setup.
Installed a pitch stop mount, just the generic red and silver one off of eBay. The car's power delivery is noticeably smoother now, but has a lot more mechanical noise. However, since I have the exhaust setup I don't mind it. I would not recommend this mod on a stock exhaust car.
The aluminum exhaust shrouds are 2008-2014 STI hatchback OEM exhaust finishers. Took some cutting and adapting but the general lines match.
Also the car has the subispeed DRL harness installed along with the beam techs which are both almost three years old. Zero problems with either, highly recommend each.
Future plans for the car are either a turbo setup for this engine or a full fledged engine swap to a fa24 or fa20 when I start having problems with reliability way down the road.
Also I will be installing the perforated leather door cards from a limited model instead of the black cloth us sport owners have.
Might swap the front bumper to the 2020 Sport style as well.

Registered
馃憣馃憣Very nice, especially the quad tips and finishers.

In the upper screen with the 3 gauges, how did you get the "% Accel" gauge? My '19 sport has a boring Avg Speed gauge.

Registered
2020 Impreza Sport Hatch M/T
馃憣馃憣Very nice, especially the quad tips and finishers.

In the upper screen with the 3 gauges, how did you get the "% Accel" gauge? My '19 sport has a boring Avg Speed gauge.
I believe you are able to change it via the controls to the left of the steering wheel. Press info until it prompts you to hold it, your upper gauge should go into a "settings" menu, then use the controls of the bottom left of the wheel (Up/Down arrow) and go to Favorites.. you should then be able to change any of the 3 displayed on the upper gauge.

Registered
You will need the lower assembly as the top is a different shape than the plastic one. I figured this out the hard way and had to wait another week for the lower piece to arrive lol
Great info!! Do you order the lower piece from the same site? The YouTube video that they made on the installation says that the lower part is included

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Great info!! Do you order the lower piece from the same site? The YouTube video that they made on the installation says that the lower part is included
I got it off of a Subaru parts website. Here is the part number: 66067FL020

Registered
I believe you are able to change it via the controls to the left of the steering wheel. Press info until it prompts you to hold it, your upper gauge should go into a "settings" menu, then use the controls of the bottom left of the wheel (Up/Down arrow) and go to Favorites.. you should then be able to change any of the 3 displayed on the upper gauge.
Wow thats a game changer. Thanks!

Registered
That looks sweet! Would it kill them to have given us a volt gauge for the top pod?

Registered
Love the simple & clean, high-quality appearance of your car. Thanks for sharing.

Registered
Forgive me for the ignorance here. The Subibros JDM Gauge hood came in but the lower part says "Eye Sight" on the plastic. My sport does not have eyesight which I am inferring is the same thing that happened to you correct and you had to order it separately?

update: Tried to remove the trim to access the gauges and zero luck (the spacing is so tight I can't fit a trim removal tool inside)

Registered
Forgive me for the ignorance here. The Subibros JDM Gauge hood came in but the lower part says "Eye Sight" on the plastic. My sport does not have eyesight which I am inferring is the same thing that happened to you correct and you had to order it separately?

update: Tried to remove the trim to access the gauges and zero luck (the spacing is so tight I can't fit a trim removal tool inside)
Update #2: Figured it out from a youtube video but sure enough the part that came in does not fit my impreza 2019 sport. Ordered the additional part and will see if it fits that one!

Registered
Any more insight would be amazing! I have that ordered but I don't see how the leather piece will fit on the OEM lower piece. Could I not just use the one that I have now?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Any more insight would be amazing! I have that ordered but I don't see how the leather piece will fit on the OEM lower piece. Could I not just use the one that I have now?
You will need the updated lower piece as the gauge cover is a different shape than the plastic one. I couldn鈥檛 get mine to fit with the original lower piece. Maybe you could modify it a little bit for how cheap the new lower piece was I just got that. And the leather piece doesn鈥檛 click onto the new lower piece or just rests on top unlike the plastic cover where it clicks into eachother. Let me know if there鈥檚 anything else you need help with

Registered
You will need the updated lower piece as the gauge cover is a different shape than the plastic one. I couldn鈥檛 get mine to fit with the original lower piece. Maybe you could modify it a little bit for how cheap the new lower piece was I just got that. And the leather piece doesn鈥檛 click onto the new lower piece or just rests on top unlike the plastic cover where it clicks into eachother. Let me know if there鈥檚 anything else you need help with

I order the new lower piece but it does not fit the dash at all. Hmm and to your point the new leather piece does not click in or sit flush either.

Kind of stuck on what to do now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts