5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's how long it took to meet with the dealer, place the order, be made, arrive on the lot, get prepped, and drive it home.

We ordered the Friday before a holiday weekend, as well. I'm sure that delayed filing and processing by 3-4 days, at least.

I suppose that we *could* have waited for the 2018, but given the recent make over we didn't anticipate any changes from this year. Also, the interest rate was near 0% and we got a good deal. We ordered all the options and many factory installed accessories. The dealership even installed window deflectors at no charge.

Based on my experience, it would seem that ordering near the end of the model year goes much quicker than at the beginning.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Window deflectors at no charge isn't bad at all. Interest rate at near 0% sounds perfect. Had to pay full MSRP because it was an order?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Window deflectors at no charge isn't bad at all. Interest rate at near 0% sounds perfect. Had to pay full MSRP because it was an order?
Somewhere in between invoice and MSRP, all in. At least that's what I get when I compare the invoice price on Edmunds and the configured retail price.

The car was pretty much given to us at invoice, but they didn't want to budge on the accessories (which I suspect has a generous mark up for them). At the end of the day, it comes in 6-7% under the price on Subaru's configuration site. However, our price reflects a spare key, which isn't cheap. Factor in the key and free deflectors and we're in the 10% range.

I'm sure others have done better, but we're not really hagglers.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Are the OEM window deflectors of good quality? I'm debating about waiting to see if WeatherTech comes out with some for the Impreza or just get the OEM ones.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Are the OEM window deflectors of good quality? I'm debating about waiting to see if WeatherTech comes out with some for the Impreza or just get the OEM ones.
coletrain, I can't remember if you are tinted or not but if so I would NOT recommend the WeatherTech in channel visors. Those things are one of window tint's worst enemies. We see it almost weekly in our shop. Any of the in channel visors really aren't good if you want tinted windows. They put so much pressure on the window when it rolls up in the channel that it causes the tint to crinkle in the corners. We actually have to tell every customer who has that type of vent visors that we can't warranty our tint because of them.

Reactions: 1stsubie

·
Administrator
785 Posts
coletrain, I can't remember if you are tinted or not but if so I would NOT recommend the WeatherTech in channel visors. Those things are one of window tint's worst enemies. We see it almost weekly in our shop. Any of the in channel visors really aren't good if you want tinted windows. They put so much pressure on the window when it rolls up in the channel that it causes the tint to crinkle in the corners. We actually have to tell every customer who has that type of vent visors that we can't warranty our tint because of them.
Thanks for that helpful information because yes they are tinted. I'm assuming the OEM visors are safe with tinted windows?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanks for that helpful information because yes they are tinted. I'm assuming the OEM visors are safe with tinted windows?
I do believe they mount on the outside of the window frame so they would be safe for tinted windows.

Reactions: coletrain

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Somewhere in between invoice and MSRP, all in. At least that's what I get when I compare the invoice price on Edmunds and the configured retail price.

The car was pretty much given to us at invoice, but they didn't want to budge on the accessories (which I suspect has a generous mark up for them). At the end of the day, it comes in 6-7% under the price on Subaru's configuration site. However, our price reflects a spare key, which isn't cheap. Factor in the key and free deflectors and we're in the 10% range.

I'm sure others have done better, but we're not really hagglers.
I'm a ding dong. I forgot that out price also included title, taxes, license plates, and other fees. Essentially, our out the door price (with everything) was less than 90% of configured price. Neglecting the DMV and dealer fees, we essentially got everything at invoice.

We're away this weekend but I'll try to get a picture of the OEM wind deflectors and post pics in another thread.

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's how long it took to meet with the dealer, place the order, be made, arrive on the lot, get prepped, and drive it home.

We ordered the Friday before a holiday weekend, as well. I'm sure that delayed filing and processing by 3-4 days, at least.

I suppose that we *could* have waited for the 2018, but given the recent make over we didn't anticipate any changes from this year. Also, the interest rate was near 0% and we got a good deal. We ordered all the options and many factory installed accessories. The dealership even installed window deflectors at no charge.

Based on my experience, it would seem that ordering near the end of the model year goes much quicker than at the beginning.
I guess the waiting time depends on the options a customer chooses. I choose the Sport in white but w/o Eyesight or blind spot detection. Between going to the dealer & receiving the car it took 5 days. Since they didn't have one in stock it had to be transferred from Bangor, ME. This was the end of February/early March.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess the waiting time depends on the options a customer chooses. I choose the Sport in white but w/o Eyesight or blind spot detection. Between going to the dealer & receiving the car it took 5 days. Since they didn't have one in stock it had to be transferred from Bangor, ME. This was the end of February/early March.
We specifically wanted ours made to order instead of doing a dealer transfer, which is why it took longer.

They tried to convince us to let them get it from another lot, though. They wanted to close ASAP. But since we have five cars already, we weren't in a hurry.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We specifically wanted ours made to order instead of doing a dealer transfer, which is why it took longer.

They tried to convince us to let them get it from another lot, though. They wanted to close ASAP. But since we have five cars already, we weren't in a hurry.
They (Clay Subaru) were going to order one for me, but said it could take over a month :frown2: I was in a hurry & didn't want to wait. My previous car was giving me so much issues I had to get rid of it ASAP. Got screwed on the trade in, but was glad to see the back of it :smile2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts