5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello .
Dose anyone know how correctly take off the cover on 3rd break light??
Do you guys know if there are incandescent bulbs inside or it is a LED unit??
Is there a specific relay anywhere on the vehicle for 3rd break light, so I can put the flasher on ??

Thank you .

·
Registered
109 Posts
The spoiler has to come off first. It is an led unit. I don't think it has a relay since it is so low power. Is your goal to make it flash with the turn signals?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spoiler has to come off first. It is an led unit. I don't think it has a relay since it is so low power. Is your goal to make it flash with the turn signals?
No . I'm talking about the rear top 3rd stop light, I just want it to be fully LED if it is not, to flash when I'm pushing the break pedal, and or to be a with flashing relay or flashing bulbs . Any of these scenarios will work for me .
I just want to know how to take the cover off without breaking it and then see what light am I dealing with.
And btw I don't have a spoiler at that area , it iz inside of the card interior, it is a sedan .My spoiled is on the trunk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
44nightwarior44

Here is a link to a previous thread reference third brake light. In one post I described how I installed the unit. Super easy if you're DIY minded.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
44nightwarior44

Here is a link to a previous thread reference third brake light. In one post I described how I installed the unit. Super easy if you're DIY minded.

Hope this helps.
Yeap , thank you for you respons, I've seen your post before I have posted mine .
At first place I just want to figure out how to take the cover off from it without breaking it and then see where it goes .

Thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No . I'm talking about the rear top 3rd stop light, I just want it to be fully LED if it is not, to flash when I'm pushing the break pedal, and or to be a with flashing relay or flashing bulbs . Any of these scenarios will work for me .
I just want to know how to take the cover off without breaking it and then see what light am I dealing with.
And btw I don't have a spoiler at that area , it iz inside of the card interior, it is a sedan .My spoiled is on the trunk.
The third brake like is full LED, like I said. Your welcome:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeap , thank you for you respons, I've seen your post before I have posted mine .
At first place I just want to figure out how to take the cover off from it without breaking it and then see where it goes .

Thanks again.
The trim piece just pulls of relatively easy. I believe it's held on by two pins, maybe three. The trim piece to remove is the one which runs parallel to the glass directly opposite the led bar. Not an issue to remove.

Once trim piece is removed the wiring is self explanatory.

Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts