5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently ran the prescribed update to get my 2017 Impreza up to Headunit + Maps
SW Version: REL_A1.19.17.20 - no problems. Took exactly 14 minutes with about
9 minutes on step 8/9 - in case anybody cares (I timed it).

Since then I just yesterday got "Access Key Disabled" when I tried to start the car
and could not reset the way I usually do from the key fob, by holding lock and trunk
buttons until beep - I have done this 1 million times, but it did not work last night and had to
be towed. Car is at dealership now. I bet they will likely going to have to reprogram the keys.
And won't have a definite cause for it. Car battery and both remote batteries are 100% fine.

I can't help but think this is related to the SW upgrade, but that makes no sense really,
but figured I'd ask if anybody has this issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes correct, would not start any way.

Would you expect that direct mode to still work?

Doesn't seem like it should since that defeats the purpose of
Disabling Key Access if you can just easily override it. But maybe not....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I ask because I had a vague memory of seeing Access Key Disabled when my battery was low. It seemed odd to phrase it that way to me since it still started when I pulled the key out of my pocket. There is also a low battery notification that was separate to the key disabled message. I was just curious to know if it didn't detect it using the standard wireless protocol whether or not the manual override thingy in the key would still work. It wouldn't defeat the purpose of anything... you still need the key fob. Its just how it works if there is no battery in it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I change the fob battery every year so I don't have issues, I went and got the 2nd key and that didn't work. Just gave 2nd key to dealer and they are baffled. Neither key worked or would remove the Access Key Disabled.
He may have to clear it fully and reprogram both keys. The fact that I manually disabled it a bit before I
got the message is suspicious. Could be a H/W and receiver issue or the key fob itself.

So I'll let you know what they say. I doubt it is related to the Headunit update (and so does dealer), but
being a software person, I would never rule that out.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top