5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was reading the thread "8" with Navi frozen screen issue", I think it will be nice if we can have a handy way to reboot the infotainment system.

My idea is that we can connect a switch in series to the system. Hacking the corresponding fuse in the fuse box sounds like a good approach. Does anyone know if there is an existing product for this kind of purpose? Not sure what keyword to search. Searching for "car fuse switch" on Amazon always gives me either fuse taps or fuse bypass switches...

·
Registered
357 Posts
That request seems like it would be a custom fabricated application. As I read the post I too thought about it as the last time my infotainment locked up. Just by pulling over shutting off the car and restarting still didn't reset it. I actually ran into a convenience store for 5 minutes and in that time frame seemed to "reset" it upon the next start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That request seems like it would be a custom fabricated application. As I read the post I too thought about it as the last time my infotainment locked up. Just by pulling over shutting off the car and restarting still didn't reset it. I actually ran into a convenience store for 5 minutes and in that time frame seemed to "reset" it upon the next start.
The official firmware update guideline PDF (in the post "Infotainment All Fixed - Just Updated!") mentioned a "3 minutes wait". I would guess that's the official time frame for a unit reset.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The official firmware update guideline PDF (in the post "Infotainment All Fixed - Just Updated!") mentioned a "3 minutes wait". I would guess that's the official time frame for a unit reset.
yeah, I guess that would be the case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to be able to force a reboot. I use Android Auto every day, and about once a week or so it fails to connect. If I shut off the car and wait the three minutes, it will usually connect. It's really annoying when I need to be somewhere to have to wait a full three minutes to try to connect again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys just registered because I bought my new Impreza less than 2 weeks ago. I haven't had any issues with the infotainment system yet but before hacking into the line from the fuse box consider trying to remove the fuse for the radio to see if losing power actually resets it. It is possible that the 3 to 5 minute wait time is the time it takes for the capacitors inside the head unit to discharge after the radio loses power. In this case a kill switch require the device to be disconnected from power for 3 to 5 minutes. If that was the case though the switch would allow you to wait it out while still driving so it could still be convenient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts