5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to add lighting to these additional portions of the hatch? I've always thought it looked a bit strange how only the exterior red "c" of the tail lights are lit at night.

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,842 Posts
That would look very cool. I don't think anyone has done it yet.

·
Registered
179 Posts
the process for doing such modifications is to split open your light cluster, then hope you do a decent job of resealing them. I predict that water will get into 3/4 of them eventually.....

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
1,842 Posts
the process for doing such modifications is to split open your light cluster, then hope you do a decent job of resealing them. I predict that water will get into 3/4 of them eventually.....
VERY good point.

·
Registered
113 Posts
People have been retrofitting lights for years now. As long as a good butyl seal is layed down it should be leak free. Of course it takes experience to open these up right, but its not very hard at all. Its all about the prep and right sealant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts