5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
129 Posts
I just removed it after experiencing suspiciously low gas mileage at work, there are a few other suspects, but until I collect more data I'm going to play it safe. You were right though, it isn't nearly as much of a pain once you know the process.
Any chance you plugged it in to the wrong hose lines? Very easy to get them mixed up. I know a friend who mixed them up who definitely wasn't me.

·
Registered
2018 5D Standard Automatic
33 Posts
Any chance you plugged it in to the wrong hose lines? Very easy to get them mixed up. I know a friend who mixed them up who definitely wasn't me.
No I got them right, that was the first thing I suspected.

In all honesty it was probably the extra load I was carrying that night, and it just caught me off guard because the prior servicing had induced a change in my refueling cycle that I forgot to account for.

That said I haven't 100% confirmed that yet, I'm sort of leaning toward just not using it until after the warranty expires, cheaper to pay for an IM cleaning once than have to pay out of pocket to replace...anything on this car.

Are we even sure that the engine cares about the extra oil? That's all we've seen it collect so far and it seems weird that the engine wouldn't be able to handle that ad-infinitum.

Also its curious that the orientation would matter on the model I got (Same as Peaty's, against my financial judgement). It doesn't seem to include a copper filter like some of the other models i've seen online and its just as easy to blow through one way as the other.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport Sedan - 5-Speed
27 Posts
Well, the can went on the morning of the fourth, it's the end of the month, and I had at least as much oil as Peaty collected in his image earlier in the thread, so it's working - that's oil that's not going into the intake.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You prompted me to look at mine again. Got about the same amount as last time I checked. I'm glad I installed this now, it's doing what it's supposed to do. I wasn't able to unscrew the can without the help of a strap wrench. It was tighter than I expected.

Reactions: 2017_Sport
21 - 24 of 24 Posts