5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im going to be adding a sub most likely in about a month and a half when i get back from vacay. was looking for tips and pointers from others or problems you ran into. Ive read a few of your write ups and have found them very informative. I own a 2017 hatch sport prem. w/ harmon kardon upgrade.

Adding:
JL 12TW3-D4
JL XD300/1v2

Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not sure what the specs are going to be for your system, not going out of my way to look it up, but be prepared to hear lots of rattles.
I have a 12" ported box in my hatch (sport, full HK upgrades from factory as well) and I'm going to fully sound-deaden the car as I only have the rear half done at this moment.
Its going to be bass-heavy depending on how you like to listen to your music as the HK mids & highs are not anything to write home about, they're decent, not great.
You're going to have two amps, I installed my sub amp below the drivers seat, the HK is under the passenger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the specs are going to be for your system, not going out of my way to look it up, but be prepared to hear lots of rattles.
I have a 12" ported box in my hatch (sport, full HK upgrades from factory as well) and I'm going to fully sound-deaden the car as I only have the rear half done at this moment.
Its going to be bass-heavy depending on how you like to listen to your music as the HK mids & highs are not anything to write home about, they're decent, not great.
You're going to have two amps, I installed my sub amp below the drivers seat, the HK is under the passenger.
Basically its a shallow mount 12 400w rms going to run it at 200w rms. I know it’ll rattle pretty good prolly do the sound deadening myself too but not until i swap out the rest of the speakers. Hopefully this winter.
How was taking apart the dash?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Haven't done the front half of the car yet, just the hatch and doors with some floor. everything easy when you're prepared to suffer!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea im thinking 2 days should be plenty of time to add a sub n figure some stuff out for the future. I did everything in my old car in half that time (minus sound deadening). Just havent done anything on a newer car. Hopefully it goes smoothly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
@Jeffery1087....good luck with it! Super easy once you get through the firewall! Tapping into the factory HK system under the passenger seat was a breeze...I've had zero issues with my setup and it sounds fantastic even without using a LoC...I've always run Alpine gear, but now that I'm on JL...for the price I will always keep coming back to it!

I would certainly recommend adding a bass knob (see my post for the location) given the nature of how the DSP works from the factory HK amp. I find myself tweaking at times, and the bass knob is super helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JL ACS110LG-TW1 fits in the trunk floor tray with minor trimming to the lid. 6 total wires. Self powered. Auto-sense. Set the LPF and gain and rock & roll.

You can visit speakers hunter for more details about the best car subwoofers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts