5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 18 Impreza rarely carries any passengers or weight so the headlights are a little lower than I would like. A little higher would not only make my lights more effective it would help me be seen in the Sea of SUVs and trucks. I'm not talking a lot, just a few degrees of upward tilt. Anyone know how to adjust the stock headlights? I have a Premium with the regular headlights.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have not done it but there is typically an adjustment screw somewhere embedded in the light housing in the engine bay. I'll bet if you run up to your local dealer and just ask a tech, he'll show it to you for free.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Turn blue adjuster on the back of the headlight assembly with a 6mm allen key clockwise. ½ a turn should make a noticeable difference, oncoming drivers will let you know if you have gone too far :surprise:.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My MY18 Impreza low beam aim can be manually adjusted from inside the cab. There are small servomotors that aim the headlight. However, the highest setting is not aimed high enough. To adjust the low beam aim, look for a 3/4 inch white plastic gear wheel on the back of the headlight cluster, accessed from the engine bay. The gear wheel has an 8mm moulded plastic nut. Rotate the plastic nut with an 8mm wrench. With each quarter turn you'll see a height difference.
If you have your car serviced at a dealer, they'll want to reset the headlight aim. Tell them not to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts