5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

AFE catback exhaust system.

8K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  Chrystal Imp 
#1 ·
I was interested getting this catback exhaust system. I know it's made for 2018 up crosstrek but it fits impresa well right since it's same format. I was wondering if anybody have one and I want know how it is. They also cold air intake as well that I also wanted.

#3 ·
I have used their intakes on different applications, they are built nicely and rival oem quality.

But imho, not worth the money. Unless you mainly want it for looks and sound instead of performance. When you look at the cost/power ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I have used their intakes on different applications, they are built nicely and rival oem quality.

But imho, not worth the money. Unless you mainly want it for looks and sound instead of performance. When you look at the cost/power ratio.

Thxs for info on intake. I bought catback exhaust afe/takeda this week waiting to arrive.

#9 ·
That's actually a quite good video as the audio said it all... and all was good! And that is definitely a properly sounding exhaust, unlike most. Obviously a quality system.

Thanks. Great choice. Enjoy.

Sadly for us CVT folk, any and all exhaust sound just emphasizes what the CVT is doing instead of the motor, as it drones lazily up through the gears announcing to all what it lacks. I'm relegated to just remaining anonymous, quiet and aloof in my ivory tower. No bite so no bark no threat... a total opposite of my STi for example. It growled and bit. Ah, the memories.

#10 ·
That's actually a quite good video as the audio said it all... and all was good! And that is definitely a properly sounding exhaust, unlike most. Obviously a quality system.

Thanks. Great choice. Enjoy.

Sadly for us CVT folk, any and all exhaust sound just emphasizes what the CVT is doing instead of the motor, as it drones lazily up through the gears announcing to all what it lacks. I'm relegated to just remaining anonymous, quiet and aloof in my ivory tower. No bite so no bark no threat... a total opposite of my STi for example. It growled and bit. Ah, the memories.
Um my car is not manual. It's on cvt.;)

#16 ·
Sounds good. Leas raspy and tinny as the nameless.

Just enough.

Yeah i've got a Nameless Axleback on now and it's hit or miss. Cold starts are pretty loud as it's a muffler delete. Paddle shifting makes it sound like it knows what it's doing more than leaving it to its own CVT ways. For $200 and ten minutes to install its worth it however imo

#17 ·
In all honesty, after my 400+ hp STi I'm ashamed of how my car's motor sounds, especially with the CVT broadcasting it's enigmatic rowing. An MT, no problem. Just me. YMMV

But dang, I would really like to have some motor sound! The video posted has the best exhaust note I've heard yet for these cars. But, likely not gonna. Still, I keep thinking... and these kind of threads keep it going. :)

#19 ·
The STi was a magnificent car that I drove all the time, summer or winter. It was part of a long line of performance oriented cars that I built, modified, and tuned my self. It was my later life's crowning achievement. It's the best car I've ever owned. Anyone who hasn't owned one is missing something special in life IMHO.

Partly budget, as we also had a '14 Forester at the time... just as the economy tanked and I couldn't justify a toy car of that stature anymore. I'd done what I had set out to do and proven some things. So it wasn't an unfinished song. But it and the Forester became a '14 FXTT... which became a '15 WRX, and so on. One car family now, and happily so. Life.

Besides the '11 STi I've had an '11, '15, and '16 WRX... and another FXTT, a '17. So I know exactly what you mean. But having done all those (and many more performance cars I'm chagrined to say) I'm trying a little NA Imp for a change, so I'm here on purpose knowing what I'm missing. But a new WRX would make you wet your jeans with the difference. A HUGE difference. :) If you can find a way, do it. Life's too short. Trust me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.