5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to start a discussion of what after market MOD's have you done or thinking of doing>?

I am in talks with Nameless and Borla Exhaust systems to see if they are developing a new system for the 2017 Impreza or if pervious versions will fit..

Anyone installed or thinking of doing a cold air intake?

Any muffler deletes?

Other MOD's

Most aftermarket websites haven't updated yet for the 2017, so let keep each other informed if you see something pop up on the web.

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was trying to look for aftermarket parts that were available and there's nothing at all. No intakes or anything! Have you heard anything back from Nameless or Borla? I know Borla is quick to jump into it, but from the last products I seen for the 86, they're headers had the worst collector I've seen in a really long time. Legit horrendous.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to start a discussion of what after market MOD's have you done or thinking of doing>?

I am in talks with Nameless and Borla Exhaust systems to see if they are developing a new system for the 2017 Impreza or if pervious versions will fit..

Anyone installed or thinking of doing a cold air intake?

Any muffler deletes?

Other MOD's

Most aftermarket websites haven't updated yet for the 2017, so let keep each other informed if you see something pop up on the web.

Thanks
I wanna get a CAI but only an Injen. They have the "SP1225P" but its for the 2016 Impreza. I wonder would it fit the 2017?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received the Injen CAI. looking to install this week. Yes it is for a 2016, but I wanted to see if it will fit. I will keep all posted..

I received a email back from Borla and they are waiting a 2017 Impreza to check fitment. They said if the old Axel back doesn't fit the 2017 they will redesign a new Axel back for the 2017.

Nameless said that they installed a muffler delete onto a 2017 XV and that it should fit on the 2017 Impreza. They said they would fully refund if it did not fit..

·
Registered
38 Posts
@scottryan

on the nameless site it says "Fits 2012-2016 Crosstrek XV & Impreza Wagons with OEM or OEM fitment midpipe. Will not fit the 2017 model!"
did you e-mail them directly?

Can't wait to hear if the intake fits, I'm itching to put in work into my subie

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just received the Injen CAI. looking to install this week. Yes it is for a 2016, but I wanted to see if it will fit. I will keep all posted..

I received a email back from Borla and they are waiting a 2017 Impreza to check fitment. They said if the old Axel back doesn't fit the 2017 they will redesign a new Axel back for the 2017.

Nameless said that they installed a muffler delete onto a 2017 XV and that it should fit on the 2017 Impreza. They said they would fully refund if it did not fit..
Niceeee. Yeah let us know. If it works out maybe take a pic of it installed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the install on the Injen Cold Air intake yesterday. Everything fit perfect EXCEPT the Mass Air Flow Sensor.. 2017 Impreza MAS is larger then previous years. I have gone back to stock for now

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a little bored yesterday and unbolted the two bolts on the muffler to hear the sound.....
It was amazing!! The cold start sounded great similar to a sport bike warming up with after market exhaust! (LOUD). Once it was warmed up it had a quite growl. Driving around it was pretty loud from 1k to 4k RPMS. After 4k I thought it sounded raspy and kind of annoying. Parking garages the sound was incredible!!!

This was just a removal of the OEM exhaust. If I had a muffler delete pipe or turn down to install I think the sound would have been more of a "tuned sound."

This is easy to do about 5 minutes and a ton of fun.

Currently the muffler is back on sorry I didn't upload any audio files..

·
Registered
730 Posts
I did the install on the Injen Cold Air intake yesterday. Everything fit perfect EXCEPT the Mass Air Flow Sensor.. 2017 Impreza MAS is larger then previous years. I have gone back to stock for now
Dammit that sucks. I was hoping it would fit but I guess just have to wait for Injen to make one for the 2017. Thanks for letting us know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
do you guys think that the air sensor is the same size as the wrx? if it is hopefully we can attach an intake meant for the wrx haha

·
Registered
59 Posts
do you guys think that the air sensor is the same size as the wrx? if it is hopefully we can attach an intake meant for the wrx haha
I think our best best is going to be once after the '18 WRX comes out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts