5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a green filter on my Forester for many thousands of miles I frequently got Blackstone oil analysis done and my Si levels were normal. It never burned oil. Like I said K&N's tend to shrink in make big openings Green filters use the same material and oxford shirt is made out of very close knit between that and the oil it did a very good job of keeping dirt out as long as you maintained it properly.

My stickers under the hood not in the window.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ended up ordering filters for both my and my girlfriend's matching Imprezas from subaruparts.com (Tacoma Subaru). Engine air filters were $17.38 each and the cabin air filters were $14.45 each. Not bad. Shipping was under $10. Divided among four filters that's not bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Check out Rock Auto. I was able to get a WIX intake filter that seems to be almost better quality than the genuine Subaru one. I think they have cabin air filters as well, but I got mine at NAPA when they had them on sale last spring.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the benefit of newer members, there is an older thread about cabin filters.

Cabin Air Filter?

Basically, if it has plastic sides with curved cutouts, the filter is WRONG. It's for the previous generation cars. And don't buy TYC800021P either. It looks right but is too small, air will leak around it.

If anyone finds a new aftermarket item please post it.
Check out the K&N website. They have a supposedly washable under hood air filter.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts