5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a diy aftermarket interior? I’m looking to do some of the door panels and cover up all of the fake carbon fiber and possibly the headliner. Any good places to find fabric? I’m looking for a black flower idea.

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
93 Posts
This won't solve your headliner issue but it will be a way to get rid of the carbon without having to DIY it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone done a diy aftermarket interior? I’m looking to do some of the door panels and cover up all of the fake carbon fiber and possibly the headliner. Any good places to find fabric? I’m looking for a black flower idea.
what type of fabric are you looking for? i have found a company and priced it out for alcantara headliner. they also have other types of fabric to use, padded and unpadded. i beleive its called retro works or something like that. i tried to find my sample fabrics i ordered from them for the name, but idk where it went. to have the doors and headliners and pillars alcantara it was going to be about 1100 without glue or anything like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what type of fabric are you looking for? i have found a company and priced it out for alcantara headliner. they also have other types of fabric to use, padded and unpadded. i beleive its called retro works or something like that. i tried to find my sample fabrics i ordered from them for the name, but idk where it went. to have the doors and headliners and pillars alcantara it was going to be about 1100 without glue or anything like that.
I found these at Johanns. I was thinking any of the ones in the left but my cars gray with red stitching and my shift boot is skulls and roses. So I’m leaving towards the rose fabric

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I found these at Johanns. I was thinking any of the ones in the left but my cars gray with red stitching and my shift boot is skulls and roses. So I’m leaving towards the rose fabric
Well in terms of designs, my brand doesn't have that, but you can do many different colors. The problem with Joann fabric is that it's not designed for headliners, and it doesn't have built in padding. That's why I would lean more towards a specific headliner material. Now you can just order the padding on its own and combine them, but it depends on how well of a job you do installing and quality of product. The other thing you might consider and idk if you like it, but a star light install while you have it down already, the kit is about 200 on Amazon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well in terms of designs, my brand doesn't have that, but you can do many different colors. The problem with Joann fabric is that it's not designed for headliners, and it doesn't have built in padding. That's why I would lean more towards a specific headliner material. Now you can just order the padding on its own and combine them, but it depends on how well of a job you do installing and quality of product. The other thing you might consider and idk if you like it, but a star light install while you have it down already, the kit is about 200 on Amazon.
I’ve thought about doing that. I wanna do a hardwood floor in my hatch as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’ve thought about doing that. I wanna do a hardwood floor in my hatch as well.
And thats cheap too, also, suggestion... great interior upgrade would be a steering wheel cover cause a new steering wheel is like 700, but a cover is about 100, it takes 5hrs to sew on, and ive done 3 of them. Rn I have a carbon fiber/red alcantara with yellow accents.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
And thats cheap too, also, suggestion... great interior upgrade would be a steering wheel cover cause a new steering wheel is like 700, but a cover is about 100, it takes 5hrs to sew on, and ive done 3 of them. Rn I have a carbon fiber/red alcantara with yellow accents.
Did get rid of the foam in the trunk, ad i did a plywood instal, and I used piano hinges to access underneath

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the red. If you happen to find the name of the fabric company let me know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the red. If you happen to find the name of the fabric company let me know.
i just found the headliner site...

·
Registered
2019 Impreza LTD 5Dr Magnetite Gray Metalic.
103 Posts
Why the fuck would you buy a car whose interior you dislike. Go do some googling on your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts