5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an aftermarket OLM foglight kit a few days ago and just finished installing them and they look just like they were installed at the Subaru factory, but at 1/2 of the cost! I decided to go with the yellow glass instead of clear because ai thought that it would compliment my black paint nicely. If you want to know any details of the kit like quality or ease of installation, just ask and I'll write a review on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
So many questions....
What kind of bulb and wattage?
Does it use the existing connections for factory foglights and especially the switch?
Was there a Subaru part number on the switch (I'm trying to do a homebrew project).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the olm kit from subispeed.com they came with every thing needed the only thing not subaru was the light housing itself all other parts like the relay and screws where in subaru bags with part numbers and the bulbs are h11 like the low beam bulb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This bolt-in kit really could not have been easier, unless I decided to do the installation in the daytime. I just couldn't wait for day to come, so I just did it at night and it was a breeze, and looks fantastic! And I am pretty sure that they are H11

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I have a question; are there daytime running lights on it?

Nevermind, I looked closer, they don't.

So, you don't have daytime running lights anymore?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I ordered an aftermarket OLM foglight kit a few days ago and just finished installing them and they look just like they were installed at the Subaru factory, but at 1/2 of the cost! I decided to go with the yellow glass instead of clear because ai thought that it would compliment my black paint nicely. If you want to know any details of the kit like quality or ease of installation, just ask and I'll write a review on them.
I like the look of these. Definitely saving some $$ vs paying the OEM price. You should definitely do a review & post more installation pics if you have them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a question; are there daytime running lights on it?

Nevermind, I looked closer, they don't.

So, you don't have daytime running lights anymore?
Daytime running lights are part of the headlights for the non-sport trim levels.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I'm thinking that in either 2019 or 2020 all the trims will have fog lights as a standard option. Especially if Subaru continues to push Eyesight in all their cars for each trim. Even the base model could have Eyesight as a standard option one day. I believe Toyota did the same with their safety technology on the Corolla.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm thinking that in either 2019 or 2020 all the trims will have fog lights as a standard option. Especially if Subaru continues to push Eyesight in all their cars for each trim. Even the base model could have Eyesight as a standard option one day. I believe Toyota did the same with their safety technology on the Corolla.
As long as it can be turned off. I prefer to do the driving when I'm in the car. No big brother taking control needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Boomerang/C-light and projector bulb headlight!!

Hi i have the 2017 4dr base model impreza with the regular halogens.. Does anyone know where i can get a hold of the boomerang headlights with the projector bulbs just like in the Canadian/European models?

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
Does anyone know if I can make my daytime running lights stay on with the headlights?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed the subispeed.com kit for the fog lights this morning. It took a bout 1-1/2 hours of putzing. The kit comes complete, and even has unneeded wiring harnesses and some hardware for other models installation. What I got was all plug and play, no additional wiring needed, just mounting and plugging of the lights and adding a relay and switch. The instructions that are available from subispeed.com online seem to be for older/other model Imprezza. My lights worked first try, didn't break any plastic pieces in removal or replacement.....I'm happy, and 1/2 the price of the kit from Subaru. All parts seemed to be labelled Subaru, so I'd recommend getting a kit from these guys....subispeed.com

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I installed the subispeed.com kit for the fog lights this morning. It took a bout 1-1/2 hours of putzing. The kit comes complete, and even has unneeded wiring harnesses and some hardware for other models installation. What I got was all plug and play, no additional wiring needed, just mounting and plugging of the lights and adding a relay and switch. The instructions that are available from subispeed.com online seem to be for older/other model Imprezza. My lights worked first try, didn't break any plastic pieces in removal or replacement.....I'm happy, and 1/2 the price of the kit from Subaru. All parts seemed to be labelled Subaru, so I'd recommend getting a kit from these guys....subispeed.com

Thanks for the link.
What model do you have?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fog lights

I have a Premium model, 2017. I am getting old, and like to have as much light as possible for night driving, thus the lights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts