5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 'new design' on the Impreza wiper arm is now 3+ years old, how many aftermarket wipers now fit our cars? Aside from that 1 post where it seems PIAA does make an adapter, I've not heard of another aftermarket manufacturer which fits. Please post any that you've been able to fit without modification...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Since the 'new design' on the Impreza wiper arm is now 3+ years old, how many aftermarket wipers now fit our cars? Aside from that 1 post where it seems PIAA does make an adapter, I've not heard of another aftermarket manufacturer which fits. Please post any that you've been able to fit without modification...
Im using piaa and i think its worth the money.. but i heard of a brand TRICO makes one as well.. you might wanna check that out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
My first set got a bit worn and I just went with the ones my dealer had.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I bought the PIAA's a few years back, and just removed the silicone rubber and replaced the original rubber in the stock wiper housings. I haven't shopped in a while for direct drop-ins.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here you go! Posted this in January. Trico blades fit and I ran them for a year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just bought some 16 and 26 in silicone PIAA refills that I found in another post about wipers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The PIAA Si-Tech 16" & 26" blades (PN 97040 & 97065) fit our cars perfectly using the included adapters.

The Trico 16-17B and 26-17B also fit great and are what I used before putting the PIAA ones on today.

Keeping the window on the rear hatch clean seems futile so I haven't put any effort into changing that one from OEM.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Having used the PIAA super silicon in the past on different cars they were great and lasted a long time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Crap I hope I didn’t buy the wrong blades. I ended up ordering the Piaa 94065 and 94040 single refills. I did that after reading another post about taking the original blades out and replacing them with the piaa refills in the o e m bracket. Guess I’ll find out when I get them. Mine is ‘19 model

edit: I just verified that I can just remove the rubber blade piece from the housing. Hopefully I won’t have any trouble getting the refills in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The PIAA Si-Tech 16" & 26" blades (PN 97040 & 97065) fit our cars perfectly using the included adapters.

The Trico 16-17B and 26-17B also fit great and are what I used before putting the PIAA ones on today.

Keeping the window on the rear hatch clean seems futile so I haven't put any effort into changing that one from OEM.
What adaptors did you use with those piaa blades? According to what I read someplace else they don’t fit. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do not order the piaa refills. They do not work in the original housing. Lesson learned. I’ll be ordering the full kit this time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts