5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just ordered the piaa si tech. The m and f adapters will work. Piaa hasn’t updated their fit guide yet for the 2019.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wha are the recommendations for the rear blade? I was kinda thinking using the Piaa Areo Vogue or Super Silicone 12in. Anyone know if either will fit?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The PIAA Si-Tech 16" & 26" blades (PN 97040 & 97065) fit our cars perfectly using the included adapters.

The Trico 16-17B and 26-17B also fit great and are what I used before putting the PIAA ones on today.

Keeping the window on the rear hatch clean seems futile so I haven't put any effort into changing that one from OEM.
So, I decided to order a pair of these PIAA wipers; the 26" went on easily, but the 16" did not include the "F-clip" needed to fit the car! it was 'old stock' from before this wiper arm was available. Now what am I supposed to do? I can tell you, don't trust Amazon to send you the right part you need!

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
162 Posts
Thanks @pogofx ! I went online to order some from my local parts store but they didn't have them in stock. Amazon did though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks @pogofx ! I went online to order some from my local parts store but they didn't have them in stock. Amazon did though.
Well, good luck with that! You'll probably get the same 16" blade I just returned because it was from before the F-clip they require was included......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well, good luck with that! You'll probably get the same 16" blade I just returned because it was from before the F-clip they require was included......
Those should work. I copied those links from my previous Amazon order. They were identical to OEM when they arrived.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, I decided to order a pair of these PIAA wipers; the 26" went on easily, but the 16" did not include the "F-clip" needed to fit the car! it was 'old stock' from before this wiper arm was available. Now what am I supposed to do? I can tell you, don't trust Amazon to send you the right part you need!
That's frustrating. I ordered mine through Amazon back in June and got the correct current version for both, but I've gotten plenty of obsolete and expired things shipped to me through Amazon in the past so can't say it's surprising.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
162 Posts
Those should work. I copied those links from my previous Amazon order. They were identical to OEM when they arrived.
The ones you linked worked perfect for me. Popped them on in no time. A year ago I had to fiddle with adapters/clips but these went on without any effort.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read somewhere that the PIAA gets bulky w/ the adapters - sorta counter productive to all the aerodynamics claimed. Anyway, I just went and ordered OEM (since they've been upgraded). Also did a coating on the windshield which basically does what the PIAAs do, except, I still get the ruggedness with the rubber blades for snow/ice here.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts