Discussion Starter #1
Someone else here reported that the only apps on his Infotainment screen are:

• Apple CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Pandora
He should consider himself lucky.

Mine also has:

• Aha
Which I had the misfortune to try. I didn't really want it, from the description, but the Impreza manual said that it could be used for head unit firmware updates, so I thought I'd install it on my Android phone & see what it could do.

How firmware updates are possible with Aha, I do not know. Aha's phone menu says that the update feature will be available once the phone is connected to the car, but when I did that, I could not get to Aha's menu on the phone! So much for software testing, but I'm not finished ...

• When you register with Aha, there appears to be no way to change your eMail address. on the phone. When you go to aharadio.com to see if you can change it there, you have to create a new "support" account, because the phone account is apparently not accessible there. What genius designed that? Answer: Aha was apparently thrown together in the cheapest manner possible, in order to garner ad revenue.
  • The only services that Aha offers seem to be a disorganized collection of poor apps.
  • Some have reported that Aha is a real battery hog. I didn't have it on my phone long enough for any reliable confirmation, but I did notice a quick drop in the battery level while Aha was installed.
  • Once Aha connects to the phone, it will start up every time you reconnect in the future. There is apparently no way to disable this, except by uninstalling Aha from the phone (done).
Fortunately, once I found out I could successfully update the head unit firmware via a USB stick, there was no reason to keep this miserable piece of software on my phone any longer, and I uninstalled it (& left an appropriate review on Google Play).

Now, I would love to be wrong. If anyone has found anything reasonable useful in Aha, let me know.

ps: By contrast, Pandora seems to work OK, and I don't see the ads on the head unit. Further, you can exit Pandora from the phone while connected.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is the best app review I have seen in a while lol. I didn't try Aha and honestly don't use anything but the USB stick for music in my car because Android Auto seems to leave me stuck with only Spotify or Google music and honestly Android Auto seems laggy enough that I would rather have my phone mounted navigation and USB music for more seamless infotainment.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I haven't tried Aha yet either. As far as Android Auto. I love it. If you want better apps for it. Open the app on your phone, go to Apps for Android Auto. And it's a bunch of different apps that are compatible with Android Auto in the Impreza. If you have stored music on your phone that you want to listen to, try MD Player. You can select specific playlists. I have yet to have any issues with it. Sometimes I'd rather use Pandora though. I have a cracked version of Pandora where I have no ads and unlimited skips. And that is in effect on the car app too. Sorry that this had nothing to do with Aha. I may try it but I'd have to research it a bit before I do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Android Auto

I like Android Auto as well. I have the following phone apps available in the head unit when connected via Android Auto:

• Maps:
    • Google Maps (by default)
    • Waze
  • Music:
    • Google Play Music (by default)
    • Pandora
    • Scanner Radio Pro
Those are the only apps I found that are Android Auto-compatible, and that I like. I would LOVE for OBDLink or Torque to be available/compatible, but so far, no joy.

Of course Pandora also works from the phone via Bluetooth, if Android Auto is not connected.

Note that if I physically connect the phone (via USB cable) right after starting the engine, Android Auto automatically (& quickly) takes control of the head unit. If I delay making the physical connection, it can take exactly 30 seconds to start Android Auto (not a big deal).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Android Auto is not even available official via play store for us here in SG. I have to use third party APK to download.

Only apps that works are Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Don't have Starlink, AHA or Pandora. :frown2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts