5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just picked up a 2018 sport sedan, it has about 400 miles on it. I've noticed that there is air blowing from the vents when the AC is off. Especially when the windows are open. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Totally normal. There is ALWAYS airflow thru the cabin.

If it really bothers you:
  • The vents can be INDIVIDUALLY turned off using the flappers.
  • You can choose the 'feet' setting so the flow is not as obvious.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bringing this thread to life as mine does the same even on heat, you feel hot air come through when it’s off
Especially on long drives on the highway in the cold winter days, I turn off the heater and leave the temperature at the hottest setting. Doing this, I still get hot air through the vents and it is still comfortable in the cabin, even actually getting hot sometimes with my jacket on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Totally normal. There is ALWAYS airflow thru the cabin.

If it really bothers you:
  • The vents can be INDIVIDUALLY turned off using the flappers.
  • You can choose the 'feet' setting so the flow is not as obvious.
This I know but when the setting is set to off and the dial towards heat, it seems the heater is still on and lightly blowing hot air in the cabin. If set to cool, it sends outside ambient air temp into the cabin. Should the heater always be on when the air is off but set to warm?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Should the heater always be on when the air is off but set to warm?
Once again -- YES! There is always airflow thru the cabin.

If the levers are set to 'heat'.... then the air flowing thru the plenum will pass thru the heater-core and be heated.

Do not forget that the heater-core ALWAYS has hot antifreeze running thru it. Setting the controls to 'heat' directs air to pass thru the heater-core. That air will get heated by the hot antifreeze.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Once again -- YES! There is always airflow thru the cabin.

If the levers are set to 'heat'.... then the air flowing thru the plenum will pass thru the heater-core and be heated.

Do not forget that the heater-core ALWAYS has hot antifreeze running thru it. Setting the controls to 'heat' directs air to pass thru the heater-core. That air will get heated by the hot antifreeze.
Thank you Bruce!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts