5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I already have the nameless 5 inch axle back exhaust, but it being a cvt makes it really annoying sometimes during long trips. I even turn down the a/c so I can get a bit more peace at times. I think it’s saying something if my car is louder than some cars who have it straight pipe.

·
Registered
37 Posts

This is the Syms Racing muffler made for our car. This really brings some beautiful sounds out. Maybe a bit drony, but not anything too much. But the downside... Is the price is around $1600 shipped to the US, plus tariffs. It comes with a fiberglass piece and you do have to cut up your bumper a lot. But when it's installed, totally looks like an OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The benifit to the Syms is it tucks the exaust tips up into the bumper, instead of having it before the bumper. That makes it look less like an after thought, and more like the design of the car. But the cost is very high. But if you live in a place like me where the cost of living is high, and thus, salaries are high, it's not as cost prohibitive. And I installed it at 3k miles, so it'll see many years of use.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree. One of the reasons I don't love the Nameless Quad Tip is the fitment. I bet if it was rigged up with that fiberglass bumper cutout, it'd look a lot cleaner and more like it belongs on the vehicle. 16 hundo+ is steep though. At that price, I'd likely opt for the STi option. (Which also tucks into the bumper) (y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is, IDK how the nameless quad exhaust sounds (at the time, that product did not exist). I'll post a cold start clip, but the syms has a nice rumble to it. It gets louder when your engine gets to around 220F.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I’ve answered my own question, I found one while doing research. Think it sounds better too and isn’t as drony from what I can see in the video:

·
Registered
2020 Premium Wagon
4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been trying to find what else is out there besides the Nameless too and stumbled upon 2 that I haven't been discussed and aren't super expensive:

Borla Performance Exhaust System - ~$400 - Borla Performance Exhaust System for 2019 Subaru Impreza
- Sound video -

Takeda Stainless Steel Exhaust System - $170-280 depending on which tip you select - Takeda Stainless Steel Exhaust System for 2019 Subaru Impreza
- Sound video -

Hope this helps and let me know if anyone finds any others!
The second video is for catback exhaust for crosstrek which fits for impreza. There is axleback with no muffer which is alot cheaper which you said 170-240 range which is correct.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport Sedan - 5-Speed
42 Posts
So I already have the nameless 5 inch axle back exhaust, but it being a cvt makes it really annoying sometimes during long trips. I even turn down the a/c so I can get a bit more peace at times. I think it’s saying something if my car is louder than some cars who have it straight pipe.
I know this is an older post, but... I had Nameless make an 8" version as I wanted the same, louder than stock, but not annoying. Well, long story short, I was experiencing the same thing as you, but with a manual trans. I originally made a baffle which did help significantly, but recently found a silencer that's adjustable (and easily modded if necessary) on eBay - just do a search for "muffler silencer" and find the correct size. I had to shorten mine a little, and there's some revisions to be made, drove it for the first time to work today, and it's "okay", a little loud, but I'll make some changes and get it quieter this weekend. Just a suggestion, best of luck.

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport
5 Posts
I feel you on this.. I have the nameless muffler delete but I’m dying for a duel exhaust, I have the 2017 Impreza sport sedan and I can’t find anything anywhere… I already know I’m gonna have to cut and fabricate my bumper but it’s a little no extremely disappointing I can’t find the parts I want

1 - 16 of 16 Posts