5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just put down a deposit on an incoming 2022 Impreza Hatchback CVT Base but I’m wondering if I should wait for the 2023. Through searching around online, all I could find about the 2023 is that it’s supposed to be the 6th gen and that it might be out by summer of 2022. However, usually car companies will release some kind of info in the six months to a year leading up to the release of a new model and there seems to be little to no info about the 6th gen Impreza.

I wonder if Subaru will delay it for another year due to current supply chain/chip shortage issues. If it’s truly going to be coming out by summertime as a 2023, I might consider waiting (as long as it won’t have a huge price increase). Is there anyone here who’s seen or heard anything about the 6th gen Impreza?

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
568 Posts
Do you have another car to drive in the meantime? If so skipping a generation is great but, on the other hand, the first revision isn't the best.

Reactions: Todd111

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
153 Posts
Do you have another car to drive in the meantime? If so skipping a generation is great but, on the other hand, the first revision isn't the best.
I agree for the most part, that you usually want to wait until mid-way through a generation, or getting the last of a generation over the first of a new one, due to less 'bugs' and problems cropping up in the end of one.

Subaru looks to have announced new generations a good half year before they're on sale. The '2023' 6th gen appears mostly to be speculation and no concrete evidence to support that release as of now, other than sales figures, and conventional wisdom of Subaru's 5ish year generations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I’ve decided to stick with the 2022 Impreza Hatchback I placed a deposit on. I was also considering the 2022 Civic Hatchback but I saw a lot of weird first year bugs for that car when I perused the Civic forums. I’d hate to decide against the Civic only to have similar first year growing pains with a 2023 Impreza. I plan to only own it for a few years and would rather have those years be trouble free, so the 2022 Impreza it is.

As a bonus, since the car is part of inbound dealer allocation which was ordered before the recent $500 price increase, I’m told I’ll get it at the old MSRP. The only frustrating part is the dealer said the system shows a scheduled ship date of May 10th but a delivery date of June. He said he doesn’t normally see that but thinks it might be due to the chip shortage. Hopefully it’ll arrive sooner rather than later because I’d like to sell my current car while used car prices are high.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Working for a dealership I haven't seen any information saying that there is going to be a new model for the Impreza for 2023. By Subaru tradition the 2022 should have been a redesign year as the last one was 2017 and they usually do every 5 years. I know that COVID and supply issues have been a factor in the development of things, but nothing is ever set in stone right now. I'm still waiting on the next radio firmware update to roll out since the last one was December of 2020. If I see anything change in my parts catalog I will see what I can say without getting in trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts