5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done any mods yet?
So, far I put on the rain guards and today I installed a K&N air filter.
I will attempt to wrap my hood when I we get some decent weather. Using a black carbon fiber

·
Registered
121 Posts
had mine about a month. not change yet.
i'm the north east still cold. an my car only has 700mi. on it.
it's not even broken in yet.
had one in my 2011 elantra some increase after 5-6ooo mile.

patience grasshopper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
mods

Hello,

I wanted to start a discussion of what after market MOD's have you done or thinking of doing>?

I am in talks with Nameless and Borla Exhaust systems to see if they are developing a new system for the 2017 Impreza or if pervious versions will fit..

Anyone installed or thinking of doing a cold air intake?

Any muffler deletes?

Other MOD's

Most aftermarket websites haven't updated yet for the 2017, so let keep each other informed if you see something pop up on the web.

Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's quite a hefty price for a regular grill like that. I'm sure a carbon fiber aftermarket one will become available for around the same price.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry but that is not the sport grille. The Sport grille has no upper opening, just one similar mesh throughout, and I think very good looking, though @ $362 list, spendy.

However, I have found that if I return to the dealer I bought my car at, go to the Parts Manager and say I am a modding fool, would rather buy from you than on the internet, can you match their 25% off list and if so, I will pay for and start my modding from you today," that I have always been able to get that discount -- but the key for almost all of them is that we pay up front so if we later change our minds that they are not stuck with another accessory they do not want.

In fact just did this at my local Subaru dealer form whom I did not by my '17 WRX from, and told him I was really to spend over $1,000 list today on a complete set of spoilers, side skirts, etc., would he do that, and he said yes -- even knowing I did not buy from them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry but that is not the sport grille. The Sport grille has no upper opening, just one similar mesh throughout, and I think very good looking, though @ $362 list, spendy.

However, I have found that if I return to the dealer I bought my car at, go to the Parts Manager and say I am a modding fool, would rather buy from you than on the internet, can you match their 25% off list and if so, I will pay for and start my modding from you today," that I have always been able to get that discount -- but the key for almost all of them is that we pay up front so if we later change our minds that they are not stuck with another accessory they do not want.

In fact just did this at my local Subaru dealer form whom I did not by my '17 WRX from, and told him I was really to spend over $1,000 list today on a complete set of spoilers, side skirts, etc., would he do that, and he said yes -- even knowing I did not buy from them.
Never knew you could do that :surprise: Definitely something I'll have to take a whack at. Never knew they would do a price match kinda thing and it is beneficial for them as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I realized the gas door is 2 pieces. The façade comes off of the arm. So, I decided to wrap the gas door and see how the wrap works.
I'm pretty happy with the results
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
I really want to wrap the hood and may take the hood off the car and bring into the house to do it
I will post pics when its done

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
I just installed the wheel locks but definitely wanna get a CAI if Injen comes out with one. The sport grille looks good but it's superrrr pricey. Wanna get a trailer hitch for carrying my bike for summer maybe that'll be next. I also like the rain/weather guards.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts

Most of the time dealers will price match the aftermarket part price, say for instance a capa bumper cover or a capa hood. I have done this several times in the past. Most dealers won't refuse the business.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I attempted to do the wrap yesterday. It was in the low 60's and it was a nightmare. For anyone who attempts this. Wait till the temps are atleast in the 70's and try doing it in a garage.
Also spend a few extra bucks on better material.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
I've changed my interior lights / license plate light to pure white LEDs. Not really a true mod, but I can see way better now.

Pics below:

For those of you that are looking for the lights I purchased:

Map / Dome: here

License Plate: here
Looks good. Any pics how they are with the license plate?

1 - 20 of 337 Posts