5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

Anyone do any Mods yet?

224K views 421 replies 149 participants last post by  Subarik 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done any mods yet?
So, far I put on the rain guards and today I installed a K&N air filter.
I will attempt to wrap my hood when I we get some decent weather. Using a black carbon fiber

#7 ·
mods

Hello,

I wanted to start a discussion of what after market MOD's have you done or thinking of doing>?

I am in talks with Nameless and Borla Exhaust systems to see if they are developing a new system for the 2017 Impreza or if pervious versions will fit..

Anyone installed or thinking of doing a cold air intake?

Any muffler deletes?

Other MOD's

Most aftermarket websites haven't updated yet for the 2017, so let keep each other informed if you see something pop up on the web.

Thanks

#109 ·
Hello,

I wanted to start a discussion of what after market MOD's have you done or thinking of doing>?

I am in talks with Nameless and Borla Exhaust systems to see if they are developing a new system for the 2017 Impreza or if pervious versions will fit..

Anyone installed or thinking of doing a cold air intake?

Any muffler deletes?

Other MOD's

Most aftermarket websites haven't updated yet for the 2017, so let keep each other informed if you see something pop up on the web.

Thanks
Still gota wait for any intake to comply with the car, the MAF sensor on the 2017 is larger and does not fit on any previous model design. As for muffler delete I spent $8. No drone and no rasp AND sounds better than the borla axleback (brother has one on his tc). Just head to advance auto or auto zone and pick up a 1.3/4 inch exhaust elbow and a 2 inch clamp. Takes about 10 mins and there's a noticible gain, did NOT lose low end torque and did gain top end. (On manual)

Attachments

#410 ·
id like to do a grille swap to the black sport grille and if possible get the led fogs from the sport as well.

it appears the grille is available just a bit more than im willing to pay at the moment

2017 Subaru Impreza. #J1010FL300: Sport Mesh Grille
Can do a custom grill, this costs about 3 hours of your time and 100 bucks, literally. I think it looks sick.

I bought this pre made mesh and the sport black trim both were 50 bucks, and then cut my old grill to put in the mesh.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Sorry but that is not the sport grille. The Sport grille has no upper opening, just one similar mesh throughout, and I think very good looking, though @ $362 list, spendy.

However, I have found that if I return to the dealer I bought my car at, go to the Parts Manager and say I am a modding fool, would rather buy from you than on the internet, can you match their 25% off list and if so, I will pay for and start my modding from you today," that I have always been able to get that discount -- but the key for almost all of them is that we pay up front so if we later change our minds that they are not stuck with another accessory they do not want.

In fact just did this at my local Subaru dealer form whom I did not by my '17 WRX from, and told him I was really to spend over $1,000 list today on a complete set of spoilers, side skirts, etc., would he do that, and he said yes -- even knowing I did not buy from them.

#16 ·
I just installed the wheel locks but definitely wanna get a CAI if Injen comes out with one. The sport grille looks good but it's superrrr pricey. Wanna get a trailer hitch for carrying my bike for summer maybe that'll be next. I also like the rain/weather guards.

#22 ·
not exactly sure if you'd want to call this a mod, but i had some extra VHT nite-shades lying around so i decided to get crafty, and redid the turn signals in a nice red. personally i love it, and it adds some nice contrast to the lights, and it still looks 100% OEM. i may decide to mask off the reverse lights and do the rest of the white but i dunno, i think that'd be too much red.

Attachments

#26 ·
I had done small little vinyl and tint on mine. I tinted my tail lights. Also my headlights but just the top I don't know if you can see it. Then the fog lights I tinted that red. Then I put the vinyl carbon fiber black and red logo stickers. I'm planning to put all fit universal lip and later on carbon fiber vinyl on side mirrors. Oh yeah for the grill I put red pin stripe.

Attachments

#28 ·
Hi Guys I owned a Impreza sport 2017 I'm planning to have a foglight because the sport comes with DRL LED. the foglight(OEM) is available in the market but someone from the dealership told me that the foglight is not gonna fit the sport model.

do you guys have any inputs regarding my problem?

#35 ·
Put together an anti drool cover for the rear door interior. Giving a 125 pound German Shepherd a car ride = lots of sticky dog spit.

This is a prototype, devised a method for holding the cover up in the window track and magnets around the perimeter for adhesion.
This design allows me to open and close the window at will to where other covers wouldn't allow the window to be closed once opened.

Attachments

#43 ·
I had brief access to a 3D printer so I made a cell phone and pen holder.

Attachments