5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Impreza cvt base sedan w//ES
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2020 base sedan hasn't had any issues but she always turns off the lane keeping and front collision thing anyway.

I've used it and ACC on long trips without any issues. I chose not to tint her front windshield because of the cameras.

Over at the Legacy forum, someone's Legacy came to a complete stop causing him to get rear ended and someone posted this link:

·
Registered
'21 Sport Hatch CVT Ocean Blue Pearl
84 Posts
I lot of these automatic systems require some human element as to when they are active or not.

The automatic lane keep is only useful on the highway, IMO. Anything but a clear open straight road and the amount of times the system is fighting you for normal needs to cross lines. Like when you need to move over for a bicyclist or delivery truck parked on the side of the road. Probably why when you shut it off it STAYS OFF until you turn it back on. Very situational tool.

I will say the automatic braking is touchy and doesn't do a great job with things like vehicles making a turn in front of you. The auto brake will beep aggressively or even brake from situations I know I can keep momentum and be in control.

If auto braking results in a rear end collision, I'd assume the driver behind was keeping too close and/or was not paying proper attention as well.

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
358 Posts
A common eyesight trigger for me is making a left turn when the person in front does a U turn. It often turns on thinking I will hit when I will not hit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts