5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read about OmniFob & was thinking of getting one, but it requires an existing smart aftermarket system (like Mobokey). Car Chabi is from the same company as Mobokey, but it's not meant for car sharing (I'm assuming that nearly identical system would work with OmniFob). Has anyone installed any of theses products? I found one install video for a Toyota Yaris & it's didn't look fun. I currently have a Subi remote start & wonder if they would work together or would I have to remove it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeap, i like the product, but the whole thing seems fake, no one outside them reviewed the product, all the videos are bogus, people from middle east supposedly testing the device, no popular youtuber or any popular reviewer know about this tool, its a shame, seem very cool, but i won't send $150 just to test.
also the install seems very complicated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I think dan is a little too paranoid! :p
The product is legit. I have installed the device myself in two of my cars, Impala and Ford Fusion. I have seen a few reviews now as well. As per installations, it is relatively complex, if you have a little info about the harness, it can be done, I did it myself!
Here is a review from a customer after which I bought the device:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The wiring seems to be a nightmare and definitely voids your warranty if you have a new car. The question is, would you trust bluetooth for your security? Is not even encrypted, so...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts