5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australians with SatNav - do you see traffic info?

I have the S model and never have. The dealers helpful answer was to wait a year for another update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are they actually broadcasting the info where you are? Can't speak for Australia but here in Canada there are only traffic info broadcasts done around the larger urban centers. Obviously the unit can not pick up what isn't being sent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep - Our MY15 Outback displays traffic perfectly.
Hmmm that is odd then. My wife was so mad that there was no broadcast for the one light town she works in. Told her to just pull up to the light and look both ways and she would know what the traffic situation was at that moment. If both the other cars in town were in sight it was rush hour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup! I can see the traffic information on the dash. But once waze comes out, i will be using that instead.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes I see it (S model), though I find it often out of date. Google Maps has better data, but I don't want to use Android Auto (seems a bit flaky)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also in Oz. My MY17 Premium hatch Satnav shows fixed speed cameras and traffic problems quite well. HOWEVER there is no audible warning of cameras. (My XR8 Ford states "caution" every time I am 400 metres from approaching a fixed camera. With traffic delays a large warning message appears on the screen asking me if I want to take an alternative route.
My biggest issue is the lack of any type of audible alert re speed cameras. I have repeatedly asked Subaru Australia for a fix - no response.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts