5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accessed the backup camera service menu- turned off the warning message across the display screen bottom. Can see the top edge of the bumper now (not that I'd ever get that close to anything!)

·
Registered
196 Posts
What's the procedure?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This from memory- I have a written instruction, but not with me. Access the home screen. Press & hold the home button- press and release the tune (right) button 5 times. The service menu will appear after a slight delay. Pretty self explanatory after that. Scroll down to the camera line on the menu, press (I think) the entry for message, toggle it off. The original instructions- for a 2015 Forester- said to press & hold the home button again, and depress/release the volume button 5 times. That didn't work for me - all I did was press the home button once, and the screen returned to the regular display.

·
Registered
320 Posts
This from memory- I have a written instruction, but not with me. Access the home screen. Press & hold the home button- press and release the tune (right) button 5 times. The service menu will appear after a slight delay. Pretty self explanatory after that. Scroll down to the camera line on the menu, press (I think) the entry for message, toggle it off. The original instructions- for a 2015 Forester- said to press & hold the home button again, and depress/release the volume button 5 times. That didn't work for me - all I did was press the home button once, and the screen returned to the regular display.
Hmm, curious how to access service menus on my Sport.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thank you for this!! Will give it a shot when I get home tonight. If the written instructions don't align with your memory - would really appreciate a correction :wink2:.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine is a Sport w/ Harmon-Kardon.
Woops, for some reason I thought you had a Limited. Don't ask me why!

Cool, I'm curious to root through the service menu and see what goodies are hidden away. Service menus on electronics are always fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Woops, for some reason I thought you had a Limited. Don't ask me why!
Cool, I'm curious to root through the service menu and see what goodies are hidden away. Service menus on electronics are always fun.
yeah, like maybe we could keep the radio turned off...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok this worked but let me refine the instructions a bit to make it idiot-(me)-proof...

Car was in ON position but not running. Press and hold the hard home button and then the tune button two times in rapid succession (like a mouse double-click). To exit the menu, press the soft home button in the upper left of the screen and not the hard button.

I tried the 5 times press which should have worked but didn't because I was doing it too slow I think. Googled a bit and found that some reported only needing two presses which worked for me. At least on the hatch, the area where the message used to appear is still a black bar. The difference is maybe a tiny extra sliver of the bumper visible (if that). I'm still glad to be rid of the nanny message so am very thankful to Slim for this post. This is my first Subie and never even thought this kind of secret menu even existed.

Are there more secrets?!?!?!

PS - a word of warning to those that press the speaker test button - it does it at full blast.

Reactions: NoData

·
Registered
320 Posts
I tried it with the car running and it was pretty straightforward. Sadly the menus did not hide as many interesting things as I hoped, although the readout of the many sensors was pretty neat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the instructions refinement. I realized that I had neglected the "ignition on" part of it, but got busy at work. I'll also add that I've had trouble re-accessing the menu... maybe button push speed or duration is critical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts