5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out the original Subaru emblem badges for the black with white stars. Added matching rally armor mud flaps as well as the STi shift knob. The headlights are PIAA extreme white replacement bulbs. Any questions about installing these I can answer. The badges from subispeed don?t come with enough adhesive for the front so if you?re going to swap make sure you have 3M or scotch mounting tape handy. Can be picked up for about $10 at office max. I have black ?Subaru? and ?symmetrical AWD? badges yet to go on. I can?t find ?Impreza? or ?sport? badges in black so if anyone knows of any please post.

Attachments

·
Administrator
785 Posts
Looks awesome! Haven't seen too many black Impreza's.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like that shift knob.
My favorite as well. Feels even better than it looks
I definitely agree I bought that same one about 5 weeks after owning the car and the weight of the knob makes a significant difference.

Also when the knob gets hot, I look like a sophisticated fancy man shifting my having my hand only on the leather of the top half. With my pinky out of course lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that shift knob.
My favorite as well. Feels even better than it looks
I definitely agree I bought that same one about 5 weeks after owning the car and the weight of the knob makes a significant difference.

Also when the knob gets hot, I look like a sophisticated fancy man shifting my having my hand only on the leather of the top half. With my pinky out of course lol.
I was shocked to feel the weight of it. Now I know why it was as expensive as it was. But that knob combined with the short throw shifter makes it a dream. I?ll have to worry about getting frostbite from it over burned by it lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Where I live the snow doesn't hit until about thanksgiving so frostbite is a later worry lol.

I'm not sure where his are, I have mine from jdmfv.com they have different colors and emblems to get. They say the fit only a sedan. But they fit my 5 door.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you get the badge overlays from?
Those aren?t overlays by the way they are replacements. They do have overlays on the site but I opted for the replacement because the only overlays are ?carbon fiber? stickers and I wanted something more subtle. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What headlights are those do you have a part number and where they easy to install?
http://www.piaa.com/store/p/47-H11-XTreme-White-Plus-Twin-Pack-Halogen-Bulbs.aspx That?s the link to the bulbs I bought. Extreme white plus. They are $99 from PIAA but I bought mine from eBay for about $65. Same exact headlight. The bulb size is H11. They were extremely simple to install. Driver side you can fit your hand right in, twist, un hook the bulb and plug the new one in and twist back in. Careful not to touch the bulb with your fingers. The passenger is the same but you will have to use a screw driver to pop out the front of the air intake out to gain access, then place it back and pop the clips back in. Don?t be intimidated by it it?s very simple to do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like the look with those bulbs.

Jdmfv.com has very good products for our generation impreza. You can pick different badge overlay. You pick a logo and the 2 colors you want for it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Mazda CX-5 Sport
2,186 Posts
I was thinking about an overlay until I saw one at a car meet a few weeks ago. As I suspected there were folds and creases. Hard to make something curve and stick without folds and creases. If I am going to replace my badges I will replace the whole thing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks like you have the sport model. Which Rally Armor flaps did you get (custom fitted or generic) and how much of a hassle was the install? I've been meaning to see if there's a PDF or image of the install guide for the 2017 Imprezas online somewhere because I want to see if it's a pain. I've seen other Rally Armor installs where it looks like people are having to remove body trim bits, and some where they haven't.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like you have the sport model. Which Rally Armor flaps did you get (custom fitted or generic) and how much of a hassle was the install? I've been meaning to see if there's a PDF or image of the install guide for the 2017 Imprezas online somewhere because I want to see if it's a pain. I've seen other Rally Armor installs where it looks like people are having to remove body trim bits, and some where they haven't.
I got the vehicle specific ones. They weren?t to bad to install, they give you instructions in the box with the mud flaps. There?s also several videos online showing how to do it. Basically pop the splash guards off the car, rally armor provides a metal bracket that lines up with the holes on the car. Line the bracket up, line the mud flap up and use the provided bolts to tighten it down. I can?t begin to tell you how much mess it keeps off the doors and side skirts especially in the winter. Well worth it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This video is from subispeed which I used to help. It?s from a few years ago but it is the exact same install. Rally armor sends paper instruction but it?s easier to follow along with the video. Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/cnpvZgK00dg

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about an overlay until I saw one at a car meet a few weeks ago. As I suspected there were folds and creases. Hard to make something curve and stick without folds and creases. If I am going to replace my badges I will replace the whole thing.
Defiantly go with a replacement. For a few $$ more in my opinion is a much better look. Little more complicated of an install but well worth it.

·
Administrator
785 Posts
I did my install while on the phone, not one fold, crease, air bubble and etc. It requires patience, but can be done. Switching out the overlays would have been nice, but then I'd have to keep the old ones and replace them whenever the car is sold.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts