5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking to lease my first ever car which happens to be a 2020 Subaru Impreza Sedan Limited. I understand the value of a black interior for cleanliness purposes.

Does anyone have experience with the beige (ivory) leather trim seats? How they look after a year or two?

Does anyone have recommended protectors and cleaners I could use to minimize the impact of color rubbing off and such?

Any comments on how great or poor my decision to lease a beige interior car is also much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,270 Posts
I had that color in my 2010 Legacy. If you stay on top of it it's not bad. I'm pretty good with keeping my interior clean. I later handed down the car to my son and well let's just say he didn't.

Best leather treatment is Lexol cleaner. I've been using it for decades and it really is good stuff.

If it gets really dirty, you can use some warm water with a little Simple green in the water with a magic eraser sponge, this really works:

I did this to the Legacy before we sold it, really does a good job. In that video, he suggests a protection coat which is also a good idea.

I also have one of these in each car the towel version, works well if I've got some crap on my me from work or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0752BCHSM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
155 Posts
Since you are leasing it, why care so much about the interior? As long as you don't tear it up, it should be fine for 3 years, and leather is easier to clean up than cloth.

Here's some pics I found of a 5 year old Outback with beige leather interior, does not look bad at all:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts