5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Imp 5 door. Auto, Red.
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine is a self made millionaire, he has a Porsche Panamera S and a Lamborghini Huracan, he is also a designer of amazing home exterior and interior home renovations, he has great taste.

We were walking out of his business and my Impreza was parked under a bunch of trees, sun streaming through and he goes "that is really a beautiful car" and he stopped and just looked at it.

I have to agree.

I am an artist and I do admit that a large part of why I buy a car is the looks and everytime I look at this little car it just makes me smile. Very good looking design, amazing lines, looks fast even though it isn't.

What are your favorite inexpensive cars?

·
Administrator
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also think the Chevy Cruz is a great looking cheap car, you can get them for around 17k base. Mazda 3 is a great looking car, 18k range.

·
Administrator
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on! 49 views and no comments? I am trying to get some action on this forum. :(

What cheap cars do you think are good looking?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Huracan

·
Banned
83 Posts
I agree! As a product photographer and marketer I'm around art and design all day. I love this car. I bought the base model knowing the bones were there and I could fine tune it the way I wanted - plus it was perfect for my budget. So with a few accessories like wheels, rally mud guards, fog lights, blacked out sport grille, and heavy tint, I have a car that I am truly proud of the design. I've had a handful of cars in my 30 years, but this is the first I am proud of. Every time I get out of the car and walk away, I turn around and take a look and can't help but smile.

There's usually an angle on a car that I don't love, where it shows some aspect that I think could have been improved, but I honestly love this car at every angle.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hyundai Veloster Turbo is fairly inexpensive and looks awesome IMO. Also dig the Mazda5 and 3 hatchback. I even like the Toyota Corolla and new Corolla Hatchback. But I am not a fan of ANYTHING Chevrolet makes, and would never even consider buying one again. Too many bad experiences, so I swore off the brand years ago.

Reactions: C J

·
Administrator
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, I have liked the Hyundai Veloster since it came out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I also think the Chevy Cruz is a great looking cheap car, you can get them for around 17k base. Mazda 3 is a great looking car, 18k range.
To bad Chevy just announced the Cruze is going bye-bye. Anyway, I agree especially in sport trim the Impreza is a good looking car. Subaru said the Impreza was their best kept secret. If they addressed 2 issues it would be a total knockout- Tighten up the suspension a little and bump the HP and TQ up.

·
Administrator
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To bad Chevy just announced the Cruze is going bye-bye. Anyway, I agree especially in sport trim the Impreza is a good looking car. Subaru said the Impreza was their best kept secret. If they addressed 2 issues it would be a total knockout- Tighten up the suspension a little and bump the HP and TQ up.
Yea, after Ford announced that it was doing away with many of its sedans I am not surprised that GM is going that direction as well.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ford is keeping the Fusion, Focus and Mustang last I read. all other cars will be gone. which means they will scrap the Taurus, C Max and Fiesta. which isn't a bad move actually. those are the worst selling cars Ford makes. Unless they maybe plan to scrap the Fusion too. I can't see them scrapping the Focus because the hatchback appeals to wide array of people and it's fairly inexpensive. all I know is I am looking forward to April 2019 when we go back to the NY International Auto Show and get to lay eyes on the new GT500! I have been a mustang fan since the 80's, owned 8 of them but the newer Mustangs are so much better...

I have owned more Ford vehicles than any other brand, 5 F150's, 1 Edge, 1 Fusion, 8 Mustangs. I am sure before it is said and done I will own at least one more...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea, after Ford announced that it was doing away with many of its sedans I am not surprised that GM is going that direction as well.

GM might be heading that way soon also. Massive layoffs/buyouts coming.

As far as cars, I do like the Veloster ( weird door situation though ), base Mustang, and the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A friend dropped by recently with his f type s

This is the best bank for the buck my tweety
Ummm, an F type is a Jaguar, the car picture is a first gen Miata. Is your friend yanking your leg?? While we’re on the subject the Miata RF is probably the “Best Looking Inexpensive Car”

·
Administrator
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A friend dropped by recently with his f type s

This is the best bank for the buck my tweety
F Type Miata?

"bank for the buck my tweety"?

What the fark? Some very hard drugs being used by young people these days. lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
the 2018 Impreza is pretty **** sharp, the other best looking inexpensive car is the 1995 Toyota Tercel.

·
Registered
778 Posts
a TurdCel? nope, not pretty at all.

·
Administrator
767 Posts
It was hard parting with my 2013 Corolla S. I always enjoyed looking at that car.

I do like the new Corolla hatch except for the spoiler.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts