16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 5x114.3 will fit on my 2022 Impreza wagon base model

·
Registered
2018 Sport Hatch 5-Speed Manual
230 Posts
No

You will need to look for wheels with a 5x100 bolt pattern.
FYI, you can load up Tire Rack or Discount tire, put your vehicle info in and use that to cross reference bolt patterns, offsets, etc to a wheel you might be looking at elsewhere.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nope. In fact, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just what manufacturer even uses 114.3mm? I believe that larger Subarus usually use the 112.5mm common with Toyota Camry's, but AFAIK, all Imprezas use the 100mm BCØ.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nope. In fact, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just what manufacturer even uses 114.3mm? I believe that larger Subarus usually use the 112.5mm common with Toyota Camry's, but AFAIK, all Imprezas use the 100mm BCØ.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,413 Posts
Subaru had the 5 X 100 pattern for what seemed like forever. I think 5x114.3 started showing up around 2005 on the WRX Sti, I know my 2006 Tribeca had that pattern too. I'm not including the SVX that had 5x114.3 in 92 but that was an odd duck, cool car but odd :)

·
ModFather
1,413 Posts
Go here and plug numbers in. This will give you a good idea. Watch the Scrub Radius changing that can mess with the handling. Myself, I don't like to get wheels that aren't the same offset, that's just me though.

Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets

The numbers in there are when I was looking for a set of winter wheels and went down a size from the 18" on my Sport to some 17" wheels from an older WRX. I'm currently running the winter wheels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like to use this site because it's a little easier on the eyes and the visual graphic updates with the date inputs,

·
Registered
568 Posts
I appreciate it. Another question. Will a +30 offset fit on my car?
sigh....I guess I have to cover this yet again....

Subarus generally require greater offset than most manufacturers, Generally 48mm and a bit more. Putting a 30mm offset wheel on will:
1) have your wheel sitting about 3/4" further out, which might cause interference
2) cause greater stress on your wheel bearings, which might cause premature failure
3) screw up your scrub radius, making your steering harder and degrading your handling as well.

Go ahead, buy them, take your chances, then come back and tell us how bad it is. Don't forget to post pics..

·
ModFather
1,413 Posts
I like to use this site because it's a little easier on the eyes and the visual graphic updates with the date inputs,

I like that one too but I feel the other one gives more info, I'm always interested in the Scrub Radius myself. That one is a lot less busy though.

Reactions: Buzzbomb

·
Registered
24 Posts
I appreciate it. Another question. Will a +30 offset fit on my car?
Think of holding a bucket of sand at arms length vs. in close to you body. Which one is easier? Which would you drop first? +30 brings the center line of the wheel off of the centerline of the hub assembly—bucket of sand at arms length.

Also, the flat-four is wide. That is why the steering system is meticulously engineered; and, the best in the industry. Think tire rub on the cylinder heads.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Also, the flat-four is wide. That is why the steering system is meticulously engineered; and, the best in the industry. Think tire rub on the cylinder heads.
That would only happen if:

1) There were no fender liners, and

2) The offset was GREATER than stock. But since nobody has wheel offsets greater than a Subaru, that ain't gonna happen...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts