5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the Brake Fluid Capacity on a 2017 Impreza Sport with a Manual Transmission. Doing a brake job next weekend and a fluid flush as well and want to know how much fluid to get. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Impreza Sport CVT
83 Posts
I would just recommend getting a quart, I can’t see it taking more then that and it’s not very expensive at all. It’s always good to have extra brake fluid on hand! It’s also dot three just so you know!

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
496 Posts
Here you go. Keep in mind this doesn't include all of the lines. We don't have a capacity for that. Realistically a 12ounce bottle should be plenty for you go bleed the brakes unless you really cycle the fluid out. Any time I buy a pint I'm always throwing out a bunch of brake fluid.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have been able to replace ALL the brake-fluid in every car I ever owned starting with a fresh pint of DOT3.
Certainly, a quart should be FARRRR more than you need if one is not wasteful during the bleeding process.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Is there a way (device) to trigger the ABS to be open during the purge? Not that critical but I was wondering. Thanks.
EXCELLENT QUESTION!!

I know when I owned VWs, there was an option to operate the ABS pump for 30 seconds. When bleeding brakes, it was kinda cool to simply open a bleeder-nipple and activiate ABS pump..... the fluid pumped out for 30 seconds. (self bleeding)

I have never heard of this option being available on Subaru.... following this forum to see....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts