5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my '18 Impreza in for a few recalls and got reccomended front brake pads with 3mm of wear left. I asked if that would be covered under the "wear warranty" and was told it had to get down to 1mm for it to be covered under that. I don't mind waiting, but I'd rather not have to wear them down that close.

I can't find this documented anywhere, has anyone gotten their pads covered under the wear warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to admit that I didn't know we had a wear warranty.....or, is it something extra you purchase?
It's a small perk just included in their factory warranty

Wear Item Limited Warranty
WEAR ITEM COVERAGE is 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Items covered are brake pad/shoe linings, clutch linings, and wiper blades

·
Registered
67 Posts
They replaced mine twice under warranty, and resurfaced the front rotors twice due to persistant squealing. The first time was at about 14k miles and the second time was at over 30k miles. To this day my brakes still squeal every single time I push the pedal down, but at least I'm at 64k miles and haven't had to pay for front brakes yet👍
I'm not suggesting you do this, but say your brakes started squealing (all on their own without any obvious encouragement) and this caused you to take the car in again. They would likely be more inclined to assist you with your defective brake issue. (I claim no responsibility)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i must really not use my brakes that much, I still have 8mm left! or they didnt check it last time n lied haha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All of the gas in my tank has evaporated since I bought the car. I think they need to replace the gas too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wipers too? Just how bad do they have to be before they will replace your wipers under warranty?
I'm out of warranty and just bought new wipers from the Subaru dealer. The parts counter guy said while winking "keep your receipt just in case they become defective in a year"😉
Gotta love some loose rules

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, Subaru will cover a pad slap but only if they are below 2/32 which is generally below the squealer. Also wiper blades are covered under 3/36. Just complain they are streaking. Most subaru parts have a 1 year 12k mile parts warranty. Most of the time depends on the dealer or tech.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had mine replaced twice under warranty, lots of noise so they did a full break job with new rotors and pads. I had asked them to do it again before the 36k miles and they didn't because of the 1mm they said I didn't hit. However they said I was magically under 1mm when I went bck for a service after 36k. So Subaru of America sent me a 500 service coupon to cover another replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Subaru Customer Service confirmed " Brake pads are considered to be “worn” when the pad lining thickness is less than 2/32”. " which is approx 1.5mm. I'll be bringing the car back before the warranty runs out anyways and i'll get them swapped then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts