5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Impreza Sport Hatchback
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple month back I realized that my passenger side sun visor in my '17 Impreza Sport Hatch was really loose and had lots of wiggle to it. Last week I popped the cap off of it and realized that the plastic bracket that goes up into the liner/roof had completely split in half. (See pictures)There was no was to repair it as the plug would be too wide for it to fit through and there's so much pressure on that bracket around the post that it would just brake again. After being told the brutally offensive price from my local dealership (located in Idaho) I ordered the new visor online through www.subarupartsdeal.com, saved $30, and replaced it today. Good as new.

However, I noticed that my drivers side was wiggly and a little loose as well. So I popped the cap off and sure enough, it's starting to split in the same spot as the passenger side (see picture). This can't be just a me and my car thing. So be aware of this and be sure to check your car too. Also, don't go to your dealer to get it unless you want to get shafted with the dealer markup plus shipping.
Product Material property Auto part Rectangle Metal
Gas Composite material Metal Auto part Event
Hand Toy Finger Thumb Gas
Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Hood Bumper

·
Registered
2022 Sport 5-Door
249 Posts
Are you located in an area where the temperatures reach above 100°F? It could potentially be due to heat stresses. I'm confident that these visors are shared with the Forester's, and I've yet to see either of our Foresters have this issue, I could wholly be wrong and just haven't noticed too.

·
Registered
19 Sport Hatch MT
200 Posts
I've had this happen twice to my passenger side visor in my '19 back in May 2020. No man handling involved. Luckily was still under warranty at the time and the dealer replaced it. Not more than a few weeks later that same one broke again and was replaced. Dealer was perplexed how that could happen, but hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Impreza 5-Door Sport 5MT
507 Posts
Not defending the design of the base at all, but this happens when they visors are handled aggressively. For instance, pulling down on the visor to pull it out of the clip could break this. Good awareness on your end though, as many people wouldn't even think twice about looking at the base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts