5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any bug guards for the hood that will fit the 2018 impreza sport hatchback? I looked all around and couldn't find any that fit onto the 2018. I drive on the interstate a lot and would like to protect my hood some more. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know of any bug guards for the hood that will fit the 2018 impreza sport hatchback? I looked all around and couldn't find any that fit onto the 2018. I drive on the interstate a lot and would like to protect my hood some more. Thanks!
Found this company provide two type of hood protectors for sgp XV.
(for 2017~ and 2018~)
But they claimed only ship to AU and NZ only.
So sad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If u drive alot why dont u just get a car bra?

LeBra® 551606-01 - Custom Black Front End Cover.. if u scroll down and check the fitment it would work.. and if u wanna be sure call customer service and place the order directly.. thats what i had on mine and it shod fit perfectly as long as u dont have a front sti lip..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this company provide two type of hood protectors for sgp XV.
(for 2017~ and 2018~)
But they claimed only ship to AU and NZ only.
So sad.
I'm going to look into this company some more, I emailed customer service to see if they can ship to other states. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If u drive alot why dont u just get a car bra?

LeBra® 551606-01 - Custom Black Front End Cover.. if u scroll down and check the fitment it would work.. and if u wanna be sure call customer service and place the order directly.. thats what i had on mine and it shod fit perfectly as long as u dont have a front sti lip..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might have to do this instead as it may be the best option to keep the front end clean. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
73 Posts
As someone who lives in South Louisiana, subtropical climate, my advice is just to wax the car often and wash weekly and use bug remover before you wash. I would actually recommending waxing the front of the car after every weekly wash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As someone who lives in South Louisiana, subtropical climate, my advice is just to wax the car often and wash weekly and use bug remover before you wash. I would actually recommending waxing the front of the car after every weekly wash.
That's a good point. Might need to just wash it some more to protect it. Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 Base CVT + Eyesight + Fogs
112 Posts
The AU protector looks great. There's also this one: Subaru XV/Impreza 17-

I bet if enough people throw down we can get it shipped to US.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
474 Posts
I have a clear bra, AKA Paint Protection Film on my Impreza, it covers more than the hood, I have the font bumper and outside mirrors done too. Not cheap but it does work well. I've had it on two other cars and it holds up well.

This will give you an idea, this is the place I have my tinting and stuff done, great guy if you are in the area:

https://www.solarconceptswindowtinting.com/paint-protection-film

We have an OEM hood protector on our Outback. They do work well, shame they didn't make one for the Impreza.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a clear bra, AKA Paint Protection Film on my Impreza, it covers more than the hood, I have the font bumper and outside mirrors done too. Not cheap but it does work well. I've had it on two other cars and it holds up well.

This will give you an idea, this is the place I have my tinting and stuff done, great guy if you are in the area:

https://www.solarconceptswindowtinting.com/paint-protection-film

We have an OEM hood protector on our Outback. They do work well, shame they didn't make one for the Impreza.
I had wrap on an old car, after years of baking in the sun it fused with the paint and was impossible to cleanly remove. Not going to go that route again, strongly prefer a solid piece that's connected with bolts or clips.

·
Registered
474 Posts
After a little over 10 years I had to remove part of the film from my my Legacy due to some damage, there were no issues, it came off clean.

·
Registered
112 Posts
After a little over 10 years I had to remove part of the film from my my Legacy due to some damage, there were no issues, it came off clean.
I'm in a hot part of Cali, summer temps hit 100+ and I park in the sun. I had a 3m or Avery matte black full body wrap on a beamer that faded after 5 years. Tried to remove it and it was fused with the clearcoat. Gave it to the guys who wrapped it and they had a hell of a time with it, even the rubber spinning thing couldn't remove the wrap. Ended up sanding it off and repainting.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here in Lawrence we can get super hot days in the 114°F range, we've gotten hottest spot in the nation a few times. It's crazy here, I've seen -18°F and 114 in the same year. I think being clear helps a lot.

On my BRZ I tired this stuff:

3M 90000 Paint Defender Spray Film, Exterior Accessories - Amazon Canada

Seemed like a good idea at the time, it did protect well and looked pretty good. It was simple to apply but when it came time to remove it, it was a nightmare. It did not peel off and I had to use goo gone and a lot of elbow grease.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts