5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some research I've landed on the Subaru Impreza Sedan 2021 Limited. My lease ends in February on my Ford Fusion and I’m ready to buy a car. Unfortunately there aren’t many Impreza 2021 Limited Sedans in Ocean Blue Pearl in California. The internet dealer I’m working with says he could order me one custom no deposit down and if I don’t like it I can walk away from it.

The questions I have for the group are:
  • What negotiation power do I have with a custom Subaru?
  • How much negotiating can I do with an internet salesperson?
  • How do I negotiate getting the extras like all weather mats, rims, etc thrown in for free?
  • I plan on giving a down payment
  • My parents are planning on buying the exact car as well at the same time
Any help would be much appreciated :)

M

·
Registered
113 Posts
My parents are planning on buying the exact car as well at the same time
That's your best leverage to work with. You can mention if the deal and add ins are good enough, you'll be buying two of them. Should get their attention and some good customer service at that point.

Or get the best price and options you can for one, then bring it up and ask how much better than can do if you buy 2?

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
830 Posts
That’s pretty cool, just sent you a direct message to check it out when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2019 Impreza 5 dr. auto, limited
61 Posts
Had the same issue when I got my 19 Limited 5dr in Island Blue Pearl without any additional packages (I didn't want the moonroof since they all leak eventually). Very few Limited Island Blue Pearls in California, and those that were here all had the additional tech packages. Local dealer told me that there were only a few slated to come into the state upon the next shipment, and of those, they didn't know what the trim line would be or the packages installed.

Having the custom order would have taken approximately the same amount of time (~3 months), but guaranteed that the car you wanted would arrive. There was a deposit required for us to put in the order, but it was fully refundable at any point and we were not obligated to purchase the car upon arrival. Plus it would also ensure that the car you were getting had no test drives or anything with it beyond the 7-8mi they all seem to come with.

Reactions: marcowhereru
1 - 5 of 5 Posts