5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was hoping they would have input on manual transmission availability but unfortunately no. At the moment that's what i'm on the fence about. Fortunately time is on my side. Do you think during the first quarter of 2017 that we could hear more?

from the article:

A continuously variable automatic transmission or a five-speed stick is available in all trim levels except for the loaded Limited, which is CVT-only. Manual models won’t be available initially, and five cogs is still one short of modern norms, but Subaru (unlike Honda) gets kudos for not punishing manual buyers by forcing them to drive a stripper.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would be surprised, in a bad way, if they don't become available during the first quarter. But that being said, it is a possibility, one that I'm hoping doesn't arise.

·
Registered
778 Posts
we were told by our dealer when we bought our Sport 5 dr that they would have their first manual in January. We were gonna order one, but decided the CVT was a better option for us at this time. So i would say they should start rolling into dealerships sooner than later.

Reactions: subie4me
1 - 4 of 4 Posts