5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many things that people find infuriating. Some things matter to some, but may not matter to others. This may be one of those things, but I have to ask in case someone has found a way around it. I am in my car a lot (Impreza Sport, no Navi) and spend a lot of time on the phone. In the center of my dash I choose to display my speed, as I would imagine many others do, vs. all the other options you can place there. When I'm on the phone, my speed is replaced by a rather large notification box that says "Call In Progress," or words to that effect. UM... I AM AWARE THAT I'M ON THE PHONE!!! I would rather see my exact speed, which I may not know. Yes, I'm aware it is displayed on the dial to the right, but it is a little difficult to glance at the dial and know exactly how fast you are going. They really didn't even need to make the box that big, let alone have it take away your speed display. Outside of disconnecting my phone from the car and going back to a Bluetooth headset, has anyone found a way to get rid of that stupid "Call In Progress" box?

·
Registered
730 Posts
There are many things that people find infuriating. Some things matter to some, but may not matter to others. This may be one of those things, but I have to ask in case someone has found a way around it. I am in my car a lot (Impreza Sport, no Navi) and spend a lot of time on the phone. In the center of my dash I choose to display my speed, as I would imagine many others do, vs. all the other options you can place there. When I'm on the phone, my speed is replaced by a rather large notification box that says "Call In Progress," or words to that effect. UM... I AM AWARE THAT I'M ON THE PHONE!!! I would rather see my exact speed, which I may not know. Yes, I'm aware it is displayed on the dial to the right, but it is a little difficult to glance at the dial and know exactly how fast you are going. They really didn't even need to make the box that big, let alone have it take away your speed display. Outside of disconnecting my phone from the car and going back to a Bluetooth headset, has anyone found a way to get rid of that stupid "Call In Progress" box?
That is annoying as I use the digital speed gauge 100% of the time, but have you tried to select a different screen to see if it disappears?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed! You can already see on the main display that there is a call in progress. Why they chose to constantly display this hiding actually useful info is beyond me. I hope it will get changed in an update.

I have an Impreza Premium with the simple clock/temp display. While we're on the topic of useless info why is it that they chose to display average miles per hour when the info button is pressed? There are many more useful pieces of info they could have put there (inside temp, miles per gallon, etc...).

·
Registered
308 Posts
There are definitely a lot of things that some may find questionable or not, but this is one of those things that really shouldn't be there. That's just ridiculous.

Avg miles per hour is quite ridiculous too. Average mpg - makes sense. Average mph... why would anyone want to know that?!

·
Administrator
785 Posts
There are definitely a lot of things that some may find questionable or not, but this is one of those things that really shouldn't be there. That's just ridiculous.

Avg miles per hour is quite ridiculous too. Average mpg - makes sense. Average mph... why would anyone want to know that?!
I've always wondered this myself too. My last car had it and now this one. It's never impressive (25 or 26mph). Not exactly anything that needs to be reported or shown.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Teenage drivers.
OP be happy us base models only get exact digital speed when the cruise is on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've always wondered this myself too. My last car had it and now this one. It's never impressive (25 or 26mph). Not exactly anything that needs to be reported or shown.
Yea this one makes no sense to me...it's always just depressing because it means I sat around in traffic for too long lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Speaking of the avg speed...did you guys see the progress dial. Like how high can it go? Really, why is this a thing? I can name a few diagnostics I would rather have there...air fuel %, intake temperature, oil pressure, Speed limit...so passengers can see. Stuff like that..real diagnostics not average crap.

I completely agree with the GIANT information screen that pops up in place of your current setting...another one is the Add washer fluid message that blinks at every turn. Like the glowing yellow dash light is not enough... As for the Phone in progress, YES very annoying. Not good for keeping a knack on speed. I second that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
At the very same time, with Android Auto, the central console panel can be showing a big blue message: "Bluetooth disconnected. To make a call, connect a phone".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealing with this frustration myself now. Of all the things a dedicated button right under my thumb can do, they chose the ability to toggle average miles per hour. Who in their right mind even cares about that metric? It's nonsense to the tenth order.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I do not know when they made the change... My 2019 premium hatch has the average mpg readout. Useful. My wife's 2017 premium hatch has the average mph. Truly useless. I hope Subaru makes the average mpg readout available as a patch for the earlier gen 5 Imprezas...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts