5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Impreza Premium Hatch CVT
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5-door model and need a new gasket for the muffler. I believe it's #10 in this picture. Parts guy sold me the wrong one so I want to make sure I have the number when I go back in.

Thanks in advance :)

Product Font Gesture Auto part Line art

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just measure it, the pipe diameter and the bolt spacing. There are TONS of exhaust gaskets for sale on the aftermarket, and I usually find something better (and thicker and better-sealing) than the stock pieces are. Also, if you're putting an aftermarket 'Axleback' on your car, you'll probably find that the stock gasket does not make a good seal, and you'll need something more akin to a toilet seal.

·
ModFather
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
1,340 Posts
I went to the local auto stored and picked one up to put in with the one I sold. I did have the old one as an example. Sorry I didn't measure but most places have them measure the ID of the opening.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe the part number from Subaru is 44011A. I recently installed a Borla axelback, so had to do some searching to buy the correct parts. ended up buying a hardware kit from nameless to replace my rusty exhaust bolts along with the gasket. Here's the link to that diagram below.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks y'all. Was swapping back to stock muffler and figured I'd replace the gasket while I'm there.

·
Registered
505 Posts
To be more clear; stock gaskets work fine when you are mating 2 stock pipes IN NEW CONDITION together. When mounting dis-similar pipes, you need a big, thick, soft gasket (usually called a 'donut') to make a good seal.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Already got the answer. #10 in the picture for my 2019 hatchback is 44011A. The one I got from the parts counter was #7 in the picture.
Thanks everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts