5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my names Frankie,

Just picked up a white 5-door Impreza Sport-tech package, really impressed with the car so far. I noticed that you really have to break the car in from 0 km, so far around 750, just got better after 500 (more responsive).

Looking around to put an exhaust on it and it looks like there's really none available yet, anyone know if the Borla 11843 would fit?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
borla

I emailed borla to see if this would fit and this is what I got back

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your interest in our exhaust! Part number 11843 has not been confirmed for the 2017 model year yet but we are working on it. We plan to bring a car into our R&D facility for a test fit later this month. If 11843 doesn’t fit then we will be designing a new system for the 2017 Impreza!

Thank you,
Chris Baas
Borla Performance Industries
(805)986-8600 Ext: 212
cid:[email protected]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sweet welcome and congratulations! Glad to see someone eager to start modifying and making some changes. You can always do what I did to my BRZ.... cut off the muffler... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I removed the stock muffler and installed a turn down.. It sounded amazing especially cold start. Below 2500 RPMS great as well. Once you go to higher revs the sound becomes raspy and pared with a CVT I went back to stock. Looking into the news from borla later this month.

Also I reached out to Nameless Performance to see if there 5inch muffler or muffler delete would fit my 2017 Impreza and this is the email I got back.. (with pictures)

Steven Redd replied:
Hey Scott,

That greatly resembles this https://shop.namelessperformance.com/axleback-exhaust-2013-subaru-xv-crosstrek-impreza/

I attached some pictures of a 2017 Crosstrek you can look at that I just had in the shop. Your pictures and mine look the same.

If you are willing to buy one and bolt it on that would be fantastic and if there are fitment issues at all we would cover shipping the part back here and fully refund your order.

Let me know!

Thanks,
Steven

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm also looking for any performance upgrades it sucks when the car is so new they don't make anything yet it's a buy it and hope it will fit game or modify somthing the is all ready on the market
It helps that you're involved in communities like this since sometimes aftermarket parts start out with small group buys and grow from their. Who knows you might be able to get in on one of those. But the Impreza being as big as it is, we just need to sit on our hands and wait :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts