5th Gen Subaru Impreza Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Impreza Sport 5 Dr. Manual Shift
473 Posts
Agreed, I have one in my car and my wife's, check around youtube there are a few good vids on them. Best of all the risk of damaging your car when you jump someone is eliminated. Plus it's tons easier to do, one of my wife's band members cars died in our driveway after a practice. It only took a few minutes to hook it up and get the car going again. The way they hook up is basically fool proof too, less risk of spark the way they work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Iv heard Subarus have an undersized battery as well, the OP mentioned "being parked alot more while on lock down" from my online sleuthing and personal experience if our cars are parked 4 days to a week likely it will be too low to crank.

Solution 1:
I put a small underhood booster/maintainer...

Solution 2:
I learned from the forum that if we hit our lock buttons x3 times it'll put the car into a lower power state for storage. Iv let the car sit 2 weeks in this state (prior to the mini charger) and it started up no problem afterward.

Glad it was sorted out with a better battery though, it may behave the same way if it's parked for a while...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts